Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

alter kampfer?

Article about: Mega rare badge !!!Ailsby Collection: Gau Danzig Commemorative Badge - Old Fighter.

Default alter kampfer?

Mega rare badge !!!Ailsby Collection: Gau Danzig Commemorative Badge - Old Fighter.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture alter kampfer?   alter kampfer?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement alter kampfer?
    P
    Many

?

It's definitely seen better days.....

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Looks like its been dragged through TWO world wars!

Is it the same badge??? Cut out rather than solid and it doesn't appear to be made of silver??? Why have two designs for a commemorative badge that would have a very limited production run??? There's no evidence it's what you claim it is i'm afraid....
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    Is it the same badge??? Cut out rather than solid and it doesn't appear to be made of silver??? Why have two designs for a commemorative badge that would have a very limited production run??? There's no evidence it's what you claim it is i'm afraid....
    If you view the link in its entirety you will find a cut-out version similar to the badge posted above. Here is the picture.
    alter kampfer?
    That said, I don't know if either badge is authentic, but it does appear, according to said link, they did produce two versions.

Apologies...

alter kampfer?
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

The 1937 Organizationsbuch der NSDAP lists this as one one of several 'Gau-Ehrenzeichen,' but it isn't clear (to me) which version is depicted.

alter kampfer?

Anyone interested can view the book in its entirety by following this link:

https://archive.org/details/1937Nati...ganizationBook

Edit: Never mind; I see that the one pictured in the book contains the "Alter Kämpfer" inscription, meaning that it is the solid version.

It is assumed that the badge was likewise instituted in May 1939 by the Gauleiter Albert Forster
    Thats good enough for me LOL

I suspect that it's pretty much irrelevant in any case. Whether it's real or fake, the condition it's in takes away whatever value it may once have had regardless. It is now, if anything, simply a curiosity...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Impossible to say either way due to its condition but one thing to keep in mind is the fact that some of those (and Gau OstPreussen) have been made post war with its background removed and offered as originals when in fact they are but a cheap fakes of the real thing.
    Original Gau Danzig badges have been struck/forged in silver and tombak. Looking at the badge that started this thread I can't help but think this one is made out of zinc. If that is indeed the case then I would lean towards a post war creation. But if it is tombak/brass made badge it would certainly warrant further research. Once the soil is cleaned off the piece it would be beneficial to get proper measurements of it to compare against known specimens.

cheers

Matt
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Gau Ehrenzeichen Collector

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast