Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Another Abzeichen Für Blockadebrecher, real or fake?

Article about: Hello again all, Not a collector of combat badges. I've had this badge for quite a while, have gotten mixed reviews, mostly bad but figured I'd put it up here for more opinions. I have been

?

Default Another Abzeichen Für Blockadebrecher, real or fake?

Hello again all,
    Not a collector of combat badges. I've had this badge for quite a while, have gotten mixed reviews, mostly bad but figured I'd put it up here for more opinions. I have been told that the makers mark shouldn't be as even as shown on mine. I don't remembe what else apparently was wrong with it but in any case I put it here for info and opinion. I was told on one of the forums that the mini and the case might be original. As I said I don't collect combat badges so any help and info is appreciated.
    Another Abzeichen Für Blockadebrecher, real or fake?Another Abzeichen Für Blockadebrecher, real or fake?Another Abzeichen Für Blockadebrecher, real or fake?Another Abzeichen Für Blockadebrecher, real or fake?

thanks again
    Duzig(Bill)
    Last edited by Adrian; 06-26-2012 at 10:21 AM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Another Abzeichen Für Blockadebrecher, real or fake?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: another blockade runner real or fake?

Going by the neat and uniform makers mark I would say fake. Compare to the example Nick posted a day or two ago. Original makers marks are don't have perfectly aligned font.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Agreed.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Ditto. Likely the whole set is bad.........
    Last edited by Walkwolf; 06-21-2012 at 11:05 PM.
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Going by the neat and uniform makers mark I would say fake. Compare to the example Nick posted a day or two ago. Original makers marks are don't have perfectly aligned font.
    Adrian is correct, here is an example of a good one. Look carefully and the differences are apparent. Note the catch plate too.

Regards, Ned,
    Attached Images Attached Images Another Abzeichen Für Blockadebrecher, real or fake? 
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Hello again,
    Thanks to all of you for your comments. You have confirmed my suspicions about the originality of this item. Nice to have forums like this and knowledgable members who are willing to share their information with others.
    thanks again,
    Bill