Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Any ideas folks?

Article about: Would pints have been a measurement of blood then (or now). Having never had any trouble abroad i don't know. Are litres not used? Stewy

Default Re: Any ideas folks?

Would pints have been a measurement of blood then (or now). Having never had any trouble abroad i don't know. Are litres not used? Stewy

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Quote by Stewy S View Post
    Would pints have been a measurement of blood then (or now). Having never had any trouble abroad i don't know. Are litres not used? Stewy
    well its either pints or litres i for some reason still use pints

?

Maybe on the occult side of the TR, the Vampire drinking competition? Down 80 pints and get a badge...........?

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Maybe on the occult side of the TR, the Vampire drinking competition? Down 80 pints and get a badge...........?
    Hardcore! Stewy

Yes but. 10,15,20,25,30,35,40,50,80 etc? Sounds a bit extreme. No other award was the broken down. I'll get the full lowdown tomorrow,along with some better pics. Stewy
    I cannot comment on these badges as such, but actually the idea of so many different grades of blood donor's badges is not so unusual.

The present-day German Red Cross still awards blood donor badges in many different grades:
    The current GRC standard system has award classes for 10, 25, 50, 75, 100, 125, 150, 175, 200, 250, 275 and 300 blood donations; the Red Cross organizations of some German states employ a different sequence, though.
    (For example, the Bavarian Red Cross currently has the grades for 3, 10, 25, 50, 75, 100, 125, 150 and 175 donations.)

As an example, here are the current blood donor badges as awarded in the state of Northrhine-Westphalia:
    Ehrungen
    Orden und Ehrenzeichen des Deutschen Roten Kreuzes (at the bottom of the page)

Would pints have been a measurement of blood then (or now).
    In Germany, the metric system was and is used; in this case liters or milliliters.
    In present-day blood donations, 500 milliliters (1/2 l) of blood are taken per donation, with men being allowed to give blood up to 6 times per year and women up to 4 times. (Don't know the Third-Reich era rules and regulations, though.)
    Last edited by HPL2008; 01-20-2012 at 10:34 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12