Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Any ideas what this is?

Article about: I just picked this up a while back, and I am not sure what it is. Obviously LW, Obviously for next-of-kin, but what else is it? It apparantly is post war, because there is no Hakenkreuz on i

schnellmann
    ?

Default Any ideas what this is?

I just picked this up a while back, and I am not sure what it is. Obviously LW, Obviously for next-of-kin, but what else is it? It apparantly is post war, because there is no Hakenkreuz on it. It is approx. 17 mm long. There is an "O" on the back. Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images Any ideas what this is? 

2. # ADS

Default Re: Any ideas what this is?

This is the Retired pilots badge instituted in March of 1936 for retired pilots. I believe that it was indeed also awarded to the families of pilots killed in action. your version in miniature was probably made in 1957 or thereafter.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Steven's correct. Stewy S

schnellmann
    ?

Thanks for the info guys. Any ideas who made a 1957 medal with an "O" on it?

Quote by schnellmann View Post
    Thanks for the info guys. Any ideas who made a 1957 medal with an "O" on it?
    Good question & to be honest. I don't know. S&L still exist,Souval were prolific post war manufacturers. Can't think of the others right now,Deumer rings a bell too. But i could well be wrong on that one. Stewy S