Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

any really SAFE internet sellers of 3rd reich medals?

Article about: Hi guys, I am new to this forum. Let me introduce myself: I have been into WWII (especially 3rd Reich) since I was like 8 yrs old and since I was approx 13 I set my eyes on relating militari

?

Default any really SAFE internet sellers of 3rd reich medals?

Hi guys,
    I am new to this forum.
    Let me introduce myself: I have been into WWII (especially 3rd Reich) since I was like 8 yrs old and since I was approx 13 I set my eyes on relating militaria. However as soon as I found out, after visiting some fairs, that most of the available stuff is fake and that everybody thinks they can cheat naive young boy, I gave up my hopes and ended up only reading about history... that was quite some years ago, now I grew up and hope that I could begin collecting militaria on a much more professional level.

I would like to ask you: is there any website on which I could buy WWII German medals which you are 100% sure would be certainly authentic? My plan is to buy some items which would be 100% authentic and which I could rely on as real in order to get in touch with the real thing so that I could subsquently be able to tell the real and fake items on a fair or in a antique shop. I dont need any rare items, I would like to start with some basic, and I must admit cheap (as I am still a student), items like War Merit Cross, Wound Badges etc, also I could stick with items which are not mint or excellent... Just something to begin with, if you understand me. I must stress that I am not at this moment in a position to spend thousand of USD on this hobby.

For example, I have seen somewhere on this thread link to The Collector's Guild - is that a reliable source?

Just to make things clear, I live in the Czech Republic (European Union) so a seller within EU would be better.

Thank you very much for any hints!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement any really SAFE internet sellers of 3rd reich medals?
    P
    Many

Default Re: any really SAFE internet sellers of 3rd reich medals?

welcome ! collector s guild is very good seller ,no problem ! i send you the link of very good seller in europe :
    German militaria - iron cross, waffen ss, luftwaffe, paratrooper – Military Antiques Stockholm

?

thank you very much!

I would say that no seller is 100%, always do your homework and double check on forums if you can and get opinions, that way you will stand a less chance of getting stung!
    Ben

?

I'am with Ben.
    Before a deal, just ask about the item in the forum.
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

This is good advice. Unless you are 100% sure of an item, don't be afraid to ask.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Also remember as the old saying goes " if it looks to good to be true it usually will be " items that are for sale from a dealer at very cheap prices will nearly always be fakes

That said just because the price is right doesn't mean that the item is so always check here for opinions first until you build up your own experience,

regards

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

hi
    i've always bought my helmets medels from espenlaub militaria,tallinn estonia,

i agree with Ben 100% ! but for for me , Antique Stockholm no problem !
    i buy 3 time from (military Antiques Stockholm ) , medal , badge , and now , Hitler and Hindenbour plaque and another medal , i never have a problem with the seller i recommended .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast