Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Arm shields???

Article about: Hi Guys, I'll probably get stoned for asking such a stupid question but....... I was under the impression that they never made a Stalingrad Shield or a Warsaw shield (especially in cloth) or

UnknownSoldier
    ?

Default Arm shields???

Hi Guys,

I'll probably get stoned for asking such a stupid question but....... I was under the impression that they never made a Stalingrad Shield or a Warsaw shield (especially in cloth) or a Budapest Shield????? (never even heard of that one, but he says this is a repor, made-up shield??? Still 350 bucks seems expensive if it's modern, or is there the suggestion it's an old makers sample??).....this guy is selling all of them, and I always thought all the ones listed abover were either Fantasy/fake????

Original German military, Cross, Orders, Medals, Badges, WW2 and WW1 militaria

Can anyone shed any light, are these rare finds??? or just junk???

ATB,
    Tom

2. # ADS

?

Default Re: Arm shields???

O mein Gott!
    To have a stuff like that you don't need ibay ebay or the places like that to be a rich guy.
    99. 8 % are ugly fakes.

It's very hard to buy a good stuff on ebay, from 10 my boughts on ebay- 8 was the fakes- 2 was good- the toys for my child
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

click on image to see gallery German WW2 presentation Dagger, Solingen
    estimate price $2000-$2100

buy it right now for
    $1450 or
    email best offer
    item # 3566
    click on image to see gallery SS ELITE Dagger
    estimate price $350-$400

offer price was $350

for$250
    item # 2977
    click on image to see gallery SS ELITE DAGGER

Elite dagger for 350-400???
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

UnknownSoldier
    ?

I thought they were probably bad, but, my knowledge of Nazi stuff is poor to say the least. And so thought I'd ask and bring this to the community's attention.

Tom

Hi Tom, the fakers and fantasy artists for some reason love the campaign shields.

Official awarded shields are:

Narvik
    Krim
    Demjansk
    Kuban
    Cholm
    Lappland (this one never had a swastika being made early post war in POW camps in Norway)

The Stalingrad sheild was designed on paper in two versions both of which feature a grain elevator and the river Volga and one with a dead Grenadier, but neither were ever produced, after Hitler rejected the idea of an award which comemmorated a defeat. Fantasy versions of these come in another design which features the "Stalingrad Cross" shoulder strap cypher as worn by Gren Regt 134. This one was invented in England in the 1970's.

The Warsaw sheild was designed and a couple of test peices made. But an air raid destroyed the dies and the project was never reserected.

The Balkan shield might have got to the prototype stage only but never made in quantity or awarded.

A desputed item which is very controversial and may well be a post war fantasy item:
    Lorient (I would love to think this was real, but my head says no) Blank dog tags stamped "Festung Lorient 1944" were distributed.

Outright fantasys:
    Arnheim (Again another English invention from the '70's)
    Budapest

Local semi official awards:
    The Dunkirk shield but worn in small format on the cap by the cut off garrison in 1944/45.
    The Memel shield was a local award like the Dunkirk with no offical standing.

Hope this helps?

Cheers, Ade.

UnknownSoldier
    ?

It really does mate, thanks, as you say for soem reason they love to fake these, I really like the armschilds myself, I have a particualrly fine Krimschild :-) I would have loved the Arnhem one to be real (I love Arnhem myself :-) ). There is so much debate about whether or not each one (apart from a few) are real or not, like you say, some could be/couldn't be. I'm tempted to uby an Arnhem one just to frame :-)

ATB,
    Tom

Hi Tom, glad to help.

I love Arnhem myself having been there about 20 times. I actually got married there too

Cheers, Ade.

UnknownSoldier
    ?

Cool, Don't think my GF will get conned into that too easily ;-) I have a couple of medal sets to Arnhem paras and Crossing of the Rhine and D-Day, I just love the whole thing about Arnhem, there is such a thrill standing there and imagining the sky filled with 'snow'! I was like a kid in a commando comic :-)

Is there a Brit section I'm missing???? as I'm sure a few guys would like to see some of my brit stuff..... :-)

Tom

Hi Tom, we don't have a British section as the forum is really devoted to the Ostfront.

But if you would like to share some of your collection place it in a thread here:

Discussions - War relics forum- Military history. WW1 and WW2 military collecting, relics, archeology

Cheers, Ade.

UnknownSoldier
    ?

Cool, will do, I have some medals related to the Archangel expedition and PQ17, including one to a guy who had the Red army unit that invaded his hospital 'sit down to tea', until re-inforcements arrived :-) I like that one, it's uniquely British :-)

Tom

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast