Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Assmann flak kampf abzeichen

Article about: Hello All, Annoyed from this ads?   up for review is an Assmann Flak badge. It was picked up by a jewellery friend of mine who thought it was a genuine silver badge. A very similar one

Default Assmann flak kampf abzeichen

Hello All,
    up for review is an Assmann Flak badge.
    It was picked up by a jewellery friend of mine who thought it was a genuine silver badge.
    A very similar one was given the thumbs up here:
    Flak Badge ''A'' Marked, Its had a hard time. - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums
    But in my opinion it is a cast fake.
    If you compare both badges they both have the same wear indications on the elevation wheel, the same “reattached swastika” lump on the claw and the same ding at the top end of the barrel

The badge is nicely produced, it looks to be made from brass with a heavy silver plating.
    I would like to be proven wrong has anybody got an opinion either way?

All the best

Doug

Assmann flak kampf abzeichenAssmann flak kampf abzeichenAssmann flak kampf abzeichenAssmann flak kampf abzeichenAssmann flak kampf abzeichen

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Assmann flak kampf abzeichen
    P
    Many

I would go with fake. Overall the quality is lacking.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I agree,it looks like a copy of the one you said except it has less detail.

?

I would agree with you Doug, lack of and blurred details which can't be attributed to wear and an overall lack of quality from a maker usually associated with high quality work. The reverse hardware is also not what I would expect to see from Assmann.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Hello All,
    thank you for your comments.
    What I do find interesting is the almost exact match to the badge that I refer to on WAF particularly the hinge which looks to be the same .
    The one I posted has perhaps had a bit more spit and polish since it was posted on WAF a couple of years ago.

All the best
    Doug