Results 1 to 10 of 10

Authentic or fake Die Medaille Winterschlacht Im Osten 1941/42 (Ostmedaille)

Article about: After I found this forum, I read threads and went through my collection to see which seemed obvious fakes and which I thought were good. I am posting what is left in my collection ( after I

  1. #1

    Default Authentic or fake Die Medaille Winterschlacht Im Osten 1941/42 (Ostmedaille)

    After I found this forum, I read threads and went through my collection to see which seemed obvious fakes and which I thought were good. I am posting what is left in my collection ( after I removed the items that I thought were fakes ) and I would very much appreciate your comments and thoughts as to the authenticity. I took as good pictures as I possibly could.

    This is my proud Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Copy (5) of DSC03061.jpg 
Views:	569 
Size:	60.0 KB 
ID:	425459Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Copy (5) of DSC03062.JPG 
Views:	184 
Size:	223.6 KB 
ID:	425460Die Medaille Winterschlacht Im Osten 1941/42 (Ostmedaille)

    Thanks to all in advance for your thoughts and comments.

  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    P
    Many
     

  3. #2

    Default Re: Authentic or fake Die Medaille Winterschlacht Im Osten 1941/42 (Ostmedaille)

    Scratched but looks original

    Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

  4. #3

    Default Re: Authentic or fake Die Medaille Winterschlacht Im Osten 1941/42 (Ostmedaille)

    Hmmm....not so keen on this one, the ribbon is certainly bad.

    Any makers numbers on the suspension ring?

    Cheers, Ade
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

  5. #4
    ?

    Default Re: Authentic or fake Die Medaille Winterschlacht Im Osten 1941/42 (Ostmedaille)

    Someone has definitely rubbed sandpaper over this one, to artificially age a fake or a bad attempt to clean an original. I'm erring on the side of caution with this one and would like some better pics in natural light if possible.

  6. #5

    Default Re: Authentic or fake Die Medaille Winterschlacht Im Osten 1941/42 (Ostmedaille)

    I go with adrian.

  7. #6

    Default Re: Authentic or fake Die Medaille Winterschlacht Im Osten 1941/42 (Ostmedaille)

    Ade, there are no maker marks on the ring.

    Thanks for the comments guys.

  8. #7
    mpw
    mpw is offline
    ?

    Default Re: Authentic or fake Die Medaille Winterschlacht Im Osten 1941/42 (Ostmedaille)

    Something has been going on with the unusual scratching but not all Ostmedaille had makers stamped on the ring.

    mark.

  9. #8

    Default Re: Authentic or fake Die Medaille Winterschlacht Im Osten 1941/42 (Ostmedaille)

    Mark,

    This one is much better than my other one. What is your opinion on this one?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6161.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	212.6 KB 
ID:	442910Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6163.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	213.3 KB 
ID:	442911

    Today I read in an online blog that about 65% of the medals were marked on the ring or the medal itself and the other 35% was marked on the envelope. But I have come accross about 70% of unmarked medals (There were no envelopes) and 30% marked medals. That's strange

    Thanks

    Wildkatz22

  10. #9
    mpw
    mpw is offline
    ?

    Default Re: Authentic or fake Die Medaille Winterschlacht Im Osten 1941/42 (Ostmedaille)

    Not sure about the quality of this one. If you compare with my photos of my ostmedaille you can clearly see the lack of detail on the one you have shown.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1445.jpg 
Views:	983 
Size:	316.2 KB 
ID:	443167Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1446.jpg 
Views:	248 
Size:	315.5 KB 
ID:	443168

    Mark.

  11. #10

    Default Re: Authentic or fake Die Medaille Winterschlacht Im Osten 1941/42 (Ostmedaille)

    All Thank you very much for your comments. I really appreciate it

Similar Threads

  1. 09-19-2012, 08:29 PM
  2. Medaille "Winterschlacht im Osten 1941/42" (Ostmedaille)

    In Orders & Decorations of the Third Reich
    08-14-2012, 02:14 AM
  3. 08-04-2012, 03:08 PM
  4. Winterschlacht im Osten 1941/42 (Ostmedaille)

    In Orders & Decorations of the Third Reich
    01-22-2012, 11:02 PM
  5. My first 2 Ost medaille/Winterschlacht im Osten

    In Orders & Decorations of the Third Reich
    09-19-2011, 11:03 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •