Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Authentic or fake – Die Medaille Winterschlacht Im Osten 1941/42 (Ostmedaille)

Article about: After I found this forum, I read threads and went through my collection to see which seemed obvious fakes and which I thought were good. I am posting what is left in my collection ( after I

Default Authentic or fake – Die Medaille Winterschlacht Im Osten 1941/42 (Ostmedaille)

After I found this forum, I read threads and went through my collection to see which seemed obvious fakes and which I thought were good. I am posting what is left in my collection ( after I removed the items that I thought were fakes ) and I would very much appreciate your comments and thoughts as to the authenticity. I took as good pictures as I possibly could.

This is my proud Authentic or fake –  Die Medaille Winterschlacht Im Osten 1941/42 (Ostmedaille)Authentic or fake –  Die Medaille Winterschlacht Im Osten 1941/42 (Ostmedaille)Die Medaille Winterschlacht Im Osten 1941/42 (Ostmedaille)

Thanks to all in advance for your thoughts and comments.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Authentic or fake –  Die Medaille Winterschlacht Im Osten 1941/42 (Ostmedaille)
    P
    Many

Default Re: Authentic or fake – Die Medaille Winterschlacht Im Osten 1941/42 (Ostmedaille)

Scratched but looks original

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Default Re: Authentic or fake – Die Medaille Winterschlacht Im Osten 1941/42 (Ostmedaille)

Hmmm....not so keen on this one, the ribbon is certainly bad.

Any makers numbers on the suspension ring?

Cheers, Ade
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Someone has definitely rubbed sandpaper over this one, to artificially age a fake or a bad attempt to clean an original. I'm erring on the side of caution with this one and would like some better pics in natural light if possible.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

I go with adrian.

Ade, there are no maker marks on the ring.

Thanks for the comments guys.

mpw
    ?

Something has been going on with the unusual scratching but not all Ostmedaille had makers stamped on the ring.

mark.

Mark,

This one is much better than my other one. What is your opinion on this one?

Authentic or fake –  Die Medaille Winterschlacht Im Osten 1941/42 (Ostmedaille)Authentic or fake –  Die Medaille Winterschlacht Im Osten 1941/42 (Ostmedaille)

Today I read in an online blog that about 65% of the medals were marked on the ring or the medal itself and the other 35% was marked on the envelope. But I have come accross about 70% of unmarked medals (There were no envelopes) and 30% marked medals. That's strange

Thanks

Wildkatz22

mpw
    ?

Not sure about the quality of this one. If you compare with my photos of my ostmedaille you can clearly see the lack of detail on the one you have shown.

Authentic or fake –  Die Medaille Winterschlacht Im Osten 1941/42 (Ostmedaille)Authentic or fake –  Die Medaille Winterschlacht Im Osten 1941/42 (Ostmedaille)

Mark.

All Thank you very much for your comments. I really appreciate it