Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Authentic Kriegsmarine honor roll medal- Grandfather took during war

Article about: Welcome to the forum.Your 100% correct in your thoughts about the other members,their expertise is very valuable and I hope your very rare Naval Honor Clasp is genuine!Post before buying is

Default Authentic Kriegsmarine honor roll medal- Grandfather took during war

I know nothing about such things, so I thought you guys could help. My wife's grandfather was a Canadian paratrooper WWII in Germany (1st Canadian Batallion) and he brought back several medals, a 1939 german copy of Mein Khampf (spelling?) with slip cover, and it has a nice stiff spine with a Nazi hand stamp and a dedication page, we also have a big Nazi dagger, and other items. I don't want to overwhelm you with too many items at once, but I would really like to know what you think about this Kriegsmarine medal and go from there. It took me forever on google to figure out what it was; all the other medals were easy to identify. Anyhow, I only joined this forum to find out all I can about these items we've had in storage forever. I assure you, I am not a scammer, etc. and I know my wife's grandfather: he did his homework and he was very cunning- I'd be VERY VERY surprised if you guys conclude that it is not genuine. My understanding from reading this forum is that only 27 of these were given, is that true? It would be very exciting to confirm with even more certainty that this medal is unarguably authentic. Like I said, her grandfather would have known exactly what was worth taking, and I have to believe this medal is genuine. Please let me know your thoughts, and thank you in advance. Authentic Kriegsmarine honor roll medal- Grandfather took during warAuthentic Kriegsmarine honor roll medal- Grandfather took during warAuthentic Kriegsmarine honor roll medal- Grandfather took during warAuthentic Kriegsmarine honor roll medal- Grandfather took during war

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Authentic Kriegsmarine honor roll medal- Grandfather took during war
    P
    Many

hello , clear closeup pics needed i feel

Australia is correct a few more close ups are needed, a good close up of the clasp is needed. There were 37 awarded during the war, but there were many unissued examples. I am feeling that this one is ok but i am away from my material at the moment so i can not give a very definitive answer.

Just been looking at a couple of originals of these KM honour rolls and a fake version. From what I see it looks good in all respects, however, I'm going on my eye and not from experience of handling one of these. It will be interesting if someone here has the experience to give a cast iron answer.

Fingers crossed, I think you may have a winner.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Correct details and proper construction and expected age signs. If your grandfather found this in Germany, he either found it inside a cabinet in some headquarters or else he took it from one of the 37 actually issued(11 of which were posthumously awarded). The ribbon looks to have been worn, so I'm guessing it was an issued piece. It would be a considerable bit of detective work to try to reason out which of the recipients this came from. It is, in any case, a considerably rare award and comparably valued as well. It's seldom we see here examples of these fire gilted clasps. I've never had one in my collection but have seen more than my share of fakes, and this is not one of them. You've got a very decent and desirable German Navy award. Thank you for posting it.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thanks to everyone here for your thoughts and feedback. I appreciate it, and I'm also going to post other threads for the other items I have, since you guys have been such a help.

?

Interesting.
    Look forward to more of the 'hoard'

Hers a link to a site about these
    www.military-awards.eu
    It states "With the originals the back side is filled, but cut out with the duplicates."
    more interesting reading about a "Canadian Horde" of these Opinions about KM Honor Roll Clasp - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

It was interesting to note whilst looking at several originals of the KM Ehrensblatt that 3 of them, besides the one above, originated from the estates of Canadian veterans, surely not a coincidence? I am of the opinion having looked at many of the original and fake versions of this spange on various forums, that the genuine ones are a fairly easy spot as such over the fakes, which are all either inferior or completely wrong.

Regards Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast