Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Bacqueville U Boat aubzeichen

Article about: Hello, I believe this to be an original Bacqueville badge. The dealer wants \\$375 USD. This seems like a great price! That is, for any other maker than Bacqueville! What do you guys think is

Default Bacqueville U Boat aubzeichen

Hello,

I believe this to be an original Bacqueville badge. The dealer wants $375 USD. This seems like a great price! That is, for any other maker than Bacqueville! What do you guys think is $375 USD too good to pass up?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uboat.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	114.9 KB 
ID:	573748Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uboat2.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	129.8 KB 
ID:	573749Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uboat3.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	180.3 KB 
ID:	573750Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uboat4.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	107.2 KB 
ID:	573751

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

?

The trouble is - what exactly is an 'original' Baqueville badge?

No-one knows for sure because there is no hard evidence when they were made.

A company in France were apparently contracted to produce Kriegsmarine awards. Why only Kriegsmarine? Why not Luftwaffe and Heer too?

The other thing that is curious is that this 'company' produced every Kriegsmarine badge except for the most common one of all - the Minesweeper.

I don't have a Bacqueville badge in my collection and never will unless irrefutable proof is found that places these badges in France before May 1945.

There are many collectors who believe in these badges and also just as many - possibly more - that don't.

For me, $375 is not a good price to pay for a badge which may or may not be original. I would put it towards a known and original award. You have to decide if you want to take the risk. It's down to the individual and whether or not they believe in these badges or not.

Great insight, Adrian. I was unaware that they were not a proven manufacturer. It would be wise to take your advice and just save the 375 to put towards a known maker. Thank you.