Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Ballonbeobachterabzeichen des Heeres in Silber...value 6k is it real?

Article about: Have a freind who wants to sell this badge. he says in good condition it is worth \\$6000. anyone know how to tell if it is genuine? Thanks, Mike

Default Ballonbeobachterabzeichen des Heeres in Silber...value 6k is it real?

Have a freind who wants to sell this badge. he says in good condition it is worth $6000. anyone know how to tell if it is genuine?

Thanks,

Mike
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ballonbeobachterabzeichen des Heeres in Silber...value 6k is it real?   Ballonbeobachterabzeichen des Heeres in Silber...value 6k is it real?  

Last edited by Adrian; 03-28-2012 at 08:09 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ballonbeobachterabzeichen des Heeres in Silber...value 6k is it real?
    P
    Many

?

Default re: Ballonbeobachterabzeichen des Heeres in Silber...value 6k is it real?

hi , this badge was never produced pre 45 , any examples are post 1945 . follow the link for an article on this award....pavel

Axis History Factbook: Army Balloon Observer's Badge: A Comprehensive Study

Default re: Ballonbeobachterabzeichen des Heeres in Silber...value 6k is it real?

Hello Mike, there was another thread in the forum regarding this badge and i remember that members said no real example has ever been seen.
    All the examples that appear here and there are fakes.
    Since we never saw an original example to compare, we can't really say much about the one you posted.
    If i remember correctly it has been said that there was a project about the institution of this badge but never happened.
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Hi Mike, sorry this is bad. This badge was never actually produced.

I have edited your thread title for you.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Yes, all of these badges should be considered to be fake.
    Here's mine, a Godet badge (who never made Kriegsabzeichen) no less! Again, bought before I knew any better.
    I've confessed twice this week!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ballonbeobachterabzeichen des Heeres in Silber...value 6k is it real?   Ballonbeobachterabzeichen des Heeres in Silber...value 6k is it real?  

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Default Re: Ballonbeobachterabzeichen des Heeres in Silber...value 6k is it real?

Thanks everyone for the amazing information, links and photo's!