Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Balloon Beobachterabzeichen

Article about: Ok so i know the general consensus on these are that they were never awarded, So this may well be fake,ill make that clear..on the other hand,ive seen a number of these over the years and i

Default Balloon Beobachterabzeichen

Ok so i know the general consensus on these are that they were never awarded, So this may well be fake,ill make that clear..on the other hand,ive seen a number of these over the years and i havent seen one the same as this one...Background ,ive had this since about 1974, i just havent seen one the same,the others ive seen have not had as sharp of detail..ill put it up for conversation,if it is another earlier variant of fake then we can all learn from it Balloon BeobachterabzeichenBalloon BeobachterabzeichenBalloon BeobachterabzeichenBalloon BeobachterabzeichenBalloon Beobachterabzeichen

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Balloon Beobachterabzeichen
    P
    Many

It's got a post war Souval 'claw' catch.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

fantazy

Quote by wizardman View Post
    So this may well be fake,ill make that clear..on the other hand,ive seen a number of these over the years and i havent seen one the same as this one...Background ,ive had this since about 1974, i just havent seen one the same,the others ive seen have not had as sharp of detail..ill put it up for conversation,if it is another earlier variant of fake then we can all learn from it.
    A commendable attitude. That's the spirit!

Quote by big ned View Post
    It's got a post war Souval 'claw' catch.
    What Ned said. This type of catch was never used on wartime badges. Two more examples (on post-war-made Souval copies of the Verwundetenabzeichen in Gold and the Infanteriesturmabzeichen in Bronze) are shown below for additional illustration.

Quote by kurland kessel View Post
    fantazy
    The item shown here is not genuine, but it's not a fantasy piece. The badge was instituted with a decree of 8th July 1944, with award conditions specified on 15th July 1944.

Under the statutes of the Ordensgesetz of 1957, it was again authorized for wear in a de-nazified version and listed as # 70 in the official manufacturing regulations published on 28th February 1958.

It is also known that awards of the badge were made on paper. However, whether the actual badge was ever manufactured during WW2 is unknown, and strongly doubted by most.
    Last edited by HPL2008; 09-22-2014 at 02:45 PM.

?

Smile

Hello,
    I agree that badges may have been made on paper, but as others have stated I would not want one for my collection-I am holding out for the Luftwaffe Panzer badge, and the Luftwaffe Air-Sea Rescue badge.

As others have stated this badge has Souval all over it.

Jody

yup its Souval postwar.

Quote by Jody View Post
    Hello,
    I agree that badges may have been made on paper, but as others have stated I would not want one for my collection-I am holding out for the Luftwaffe Panzer badge, and the Luftwaffe Air-Sea Rescue badge.

As others have stated this badge has Souval all over it.

Jody
    You will wait a long time Jody LOL, as for the above award it is as you now know a post war Souval. Leon.