Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Baltic Cross

Article about: Hi how are you? this are pictures a Baltic cross that a seller, (a good one) is selling, its not expensive, but i have no info abount this example. let me show the pictures: its a very rare

Default Baltic Cross

Hi how are you? this are pictures a Baltic cross that a seller, (a good one) is selling, its not expensive, but i have no info abount this example. let me show the pictures:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_6857.JPG 
Views:	71 
Size:	205.9 KB 
ID:	664470

Name:	SAM_6852.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	186.7 KB 
ID:	664471

Name:	SAM_6853.JPG 
Views:	85 
Size:	166.3 KB 
ID:	664472

its a very rare example for me, whats your opinion guys?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

?

Any thoughts on this one? I personally have never seen one like this so I can't give any opinion, so has anyone else?

CBH
    ?

The mounting loop looks like it for a watch fob , as the metal had a tradition ring mount .

the sellers says that maybe was modified by someone in the past.

My opinion is it's not official, but a piece made privately. Avoid high offers until you learn otherwise.

I've never seen such a medal either, but, as said, it definitely has been made into a fob at some time in the past. For me, at least, that would remove any desirability or value.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by der alte oberst View Post
    My opinion is it's not official, but a piece made privately. Avoid high offers until you learn otherwise.
    Well the seller offered me a price "of friends" so its not expensive, tomorrow i am going to see it in person. so, you say that its not official, but is it posible a fake one?? or a real one but modified?. thanks for your answer

lets compare :

Name:	SAM_6852b.JPG 
Views:	58 
Size:	223.4 KB 
ID:	667016

Name:	906_01.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	120.7 KB 
ID:	667017

I'd pass on this one.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Looking into this medal abit, apparently, there were 2 versions-a pin back like an Iron Cross and a suspension ring medal on a ribbon. They were given to post WWI fighters against the Bolsheviks. Unfortunately, looking at known examples, I'm seeing some differences in this one's details. The tips of the cross arms, for example, should be very crisp and straight-squared off. But this one's tips have an almost somewhat rounded look to them. The Fleur de Lis on the tips look smaller than they should be also and the cross itself should have a very fine thin step to it's edges, where this one does not have any. The background for the cross should be blackened metal. So, overall, I am definitely not liking the chances for this piece. A total of 21,839 Baltic Crosses were awarded, but this is looking like not one of them.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast