Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Bandenkampfabzeichen.

Article about: Here is an Anti-partisan badge for sale, not an expert on these, but all the original examples i have seen have cut out sections under the snakes. This is a solid piece, which usually is a d

?

Default Bandenkampfabzeichen.

Here is an Anti-partisan badge for sale, not an expert on these, but all the original examples i have seen have cut out sections under the snakes. This is a solid piece, which usually is a dead give away for a repro on this badge !!!!! It is Maker marke don the pin.......why i am inquiring is it seems like it has been de-nazified by removing the Sun wheel? So is this the real deal, or another fake? Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bandenkampfabzeichen.   Bandenkampfabzeichen.  

Bandenkampfabzeichen.  
    Last edited by Adrian; 11-12-2011 at 11:09 AM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bandenkampfabzeichen.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Anti-partisan badge

Too bad they altered it, I'm no expert, but why would someone de naz a fake, is this for sale and are you going to buy it? You might think about saving for one thats complete.

?

Be very carefull with these as originals are rare and expensive and there are many forgeries of this medal in the market place.

Regards Mark K

It is a fake. They de-nazify these to pass them off to the unwary.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Agreed, too many inconsistencies with what are seen as original examples.

?

Default Re: Bandenkampfabzeichen.

It's another fake, many differences between this and known original badges. The reverse hardware is completely wrong, as is the makers mark.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

It i s indeed a fake,for all the reasons list above. It also looks a little small,suggesting it's spun cast. Stewy

?

Stewy, can you explain what spun cast means please? I'm not sure on this definition myself.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Stewy, can you explain what spun cast means please? I'm not sure on this definition myself.
    They are "spun" castings in a centrifuge. Rather than pressed or die struck. They always seem to come up slightly smaller than original badges that they presume to be. Stewy