Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bandenkampfabzeichen?

Article about: Hey guys,I have no idea if this badge is genuine or not..what are your feelings? Unfortunately I only have the two pictures..thanks Sean

?

Default Bandenkampfabzeichen?

Hey guys,I have no idea if this badge is genuine or not..what are your feelings? Unfortunately I only have the two pictures..thanks Sean

Bandenkampfabzeichen?Bandenkampfabzeichen?
    Last edited by rbminis; 03-15-2015 at 04:41 PM. Reason: Edited title to use correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bandenkampfabzeichen?
    P
    Many

Looks like a bad one to me. There appears to be pitting on the back nor due I recognize the hardware setup. Did the seller put any other information such as weight or Measurements?

Fishing weight.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

MAP
    ?

I'm no expert on these but will give a stab on my thoughts but wait for others to verify

From what I have read, I think there is a general concensus in that there were two or three types, hollow, semi hollow and another type called "light types". Flat backs are considered to be post war. The front looks at first glance to be similar to a "Light type" but with enough differences to indicate that it is not the same.

As noted, wait for others to agree or disagree with my thoughts.

Michael

- - ------- - -

Dang....Ned beat me to it again! I always take too long re-reading my posts.

So Ned...are my thoughts close?

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Default Sinker

A sinker and a stinker !!
    Attached Images Attached Images Bandenkampfabzeichen? 
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Hi Michael,

There are flatback (massive) BKA's by Steinhauer & Luck that are now considered by some to have been made during the last few months of the war and are thus period. These don't have the typical 'scrape' on the pin (always coke bottle shaped) that denotes postwar production, but as far as I know the jury is still out on that one although they are represented in some forum databases.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

As far as i know out of following different threads on APBs, i am very certain this is a post45 made piece.

Its definitely bad sorry , also to note that the ebay seller selling this item only sells reproductions ,

Bandenkampfabzeichen?

Bandenkampfabzeichen?

?

At those prices and where their found.... It's a "No brainer"....G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

Thanks for all your help,certainly seemed unlikely it would be genuine but thought id ask anyway,cheers!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast