Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Bandenkampfabzeichen - Anti Partisan Badge - Help

Article about: I need your help. I have this anti partisan badge. It seems from the manufacturer rudolf souval. What do you think? It is from before or after 1945. thank you very much to all

Default Bandenkampfabzeichen - Anti Partisan Badge - Help

I need your help. I have this anti partisan badge. It seems from the manufacturer rudolf souval.

What do you think? It is from before or after 1945.

thank you very much to all

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bandenkampfabzeichen - Anti Partisan Badge - Help
    P
    Many

It's a fake.

KR

Quote by Euronymous View Post
    It's a fake.

KR
    Why?
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

As far as I am aware all original examples of this award should have hollow back side. Also this badge looks to me like cast copy which was produced very recently, quality of this piece seems really awful.

KR

MAP
    ?

I don't own or study these but I have read that they were produced in both hollow and solid back. See short article by Sebastián Bianchi on WAF

Anti-Partisan Badge of the Heer

That said, it is an extremely poorly struck (cast?) example as evidenced by the multiple cracks and fissures throughout this example.

I will leave it to others as to whether it was a rejected original (it has no real evidence of reverse hardware) or an outright fake (I do think I see glaring casting lines inside the whole wreath and under the snakes heads)
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

yes, rudolf souval produced solid back pieces. As you can see in Scapini's book The Anti-Partisan Badge.

That's why I was asking if it could be a souval not finished before or after 1945

MAP
    ?

A tough badge to authenticate as not too many study them. Wish I could help, but as noted, I don't study them.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

The thing is that the badge you have posted looks like cast copy item, it has some obvious traces of casting. Also if it really was made by Souval that certainly would not make things better, because even genuine wartime Souval awards are much cheaper than the same those awards made by some other producers, their prices are normaly just half of the regular prices. Nevertheless in my opinion that piece is some recently made fake, not postwar Souval and especially not original piece from the Third Reich era.

KR

MAP
    ?

Besides the cracks and fissures, look below the jaw of the top left snake. You can see the casting line that KR is talking about. You could see the same casting line around the whole inside of the wreath.