Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Bandenkampfabzeichen in bronze .....real or fake ???

Article about: ....no real idea on this one , been offered it ...note it has die flaw on hilt...but that's it ...so many copies out there !! thanks Steve

Default Bandenkampfabzeichen in bronze .....real or fake ???

....no real idea on this one , been offered it ...note it has die flaw on hilt...but that's it ...so many copies out there !!
    thanks
    Steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bandenkampfabzeichen in bronze .....real or fake  ???   Bandenkampfabzeichen in bronze .....real or fake  ???  

Last edited by Adrian; 04-04-2014 at 02:35 PM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bandenkampfabzeichen in bronze .....real or fake  ???
    P
    Many

Obverse detail looks soft, reverse detail appears to show signs of casting and photos are bad. I wouldn't put any money down based on these images.

This one looks like the common Juncker type two 3 cutout fake but better pic's are needed. When they are as ambiguous as this you need to be concerned, why not take a simple straight on front and back shot? Because that will give the game away. As Glenn said, the detail is soft and the odd tapered flat pin is not found on originals. The base metal also looks dead wrong.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Enough said. A bad fake indeed!

Cheers and have a good weekend

thanks guys !! I will save my money !!!

Better pics would be interesting....

very poor.

Quote by Kradmelder View Post
    Better pics would be interesting....
    They would indeed, but I am sure better pics would only highlight more casting flaws and areas of skullduggery.

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    They would indeed, but I am sure better pics would only highlight more casting flaws and areas of skullduggery.
    The production quality of original Juncker Bandenkampfabzeichen goes from very poor to very good. For example you can also find Nahkampfspangen from Juncker they are looking also to cast, but they are original.