Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Bandenkampfabzeichen in Bronze - Real or fake

Article about: Hi guys, I'm looking for opinions on this Bandenkampfabzeichen in Bronze. To be fair to the dealer, he doubts its authenticity having acquired it as a job lot. However, two other dealers hav

Default Bandenkampfabzeichen in Bronze - Real or fake

Hi guys,

I'm looking for opinions on this Bandenkampfabzeichen in Bronze.
    To be fair to the dealer, he doubts its authenticity having acquired it as a job lot.
    However, two other dealers have told him that they believe it to be real. The price is what you would expect for a replica - £40.
    Now even I know that the Souval claw was never used during the TR period. My question therefore is: Could it be that the badge is genuine and that it has had some post-war clasps and hinges soldered on to it, or is it just a pure fake?

Please excuse the poor photos as they wern't taken under the best conditions
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bandenkampfabzeichen in Bronze  - Real or fake   Bandenkampfabzeichen in Bronze  - Real or fake  

Bandenkampfabzeichen in Bronze  - Real or fake   Bandenkampfabzeichen in Bronze  - Real or fake  

Bandenkampfabzeichen in Bronze  - Real or fake  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bandenkampfabzeichen in Bronze  - Real or fake
    P
    Many

A total rubbish piece,I would say. The details of things like the snake heads, the sword grip, the skull,etc are radically in difference from genuine badges. The material with which it made from is wrong as well as the actual method of construction also.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

A post war Souval copy/fake that is easily found for a few dollars. The "claw" catch is the at-a-glance giveaway worth remembering with this, and many other TR combat awards.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Yes a Souval repro badge.

Joe

Sadly not a jewel in the mud! As said, a post war Souval. Leon.

Default Update

Hi guys,

just spoke to the dealer of this badge this morning and he told me that he has sold it to a dealer in Belgium for 400 Euros.

The Belgian dealer reckons it's a type one early example.

I know nobody on this forum will agree, but I thought I ought to let you all know

Quote by thecyclist64 View Post
    Hi guys,

just spoke to the dealer of this badge this morning and he told me that he has sold it to a dealer in Belgium for 400 Euros.

The Belgian dealer reckons it's a type one early example.

I know nobody on this forum will agree, but I thought I ought to let you all know
    There is no question that this a 100% fake piece, and the fact he's sold a $3500+ badge for $400 says it all. Some poor schmuck who obviously isn't a member here is now $400 in the hole, well that's too bad. The fraudster still did O.K. out of it though as the true value as a re-enactors piece is around 25 bucks retail.

One born every minute, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

There are stupid people out there and there are dishonest ones as well....what can we say?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I wonder who the buyer was. Stewy

?

It will probably pop up somewhere for big bucks as an original and another smuck wll buy.