MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Bandenkampfabzeichen and Heer FJ badge: original or fake?

Article about: These two badges were purchased, but have not been shipped. I put the seller on hold, pending further appraisal of the pieces. He has been very cooperative, as I thnk he believes them to be

Default Bandenkampfabzeichen and Heer FJ badge: original or fake?

These two badges were purchased, but have not been shipped. I put the seller on hold, pending further appraisal of the pieces. He has been very cooperative, as I thnk he believes them to be original. I can get more, better photographs from him if necessary. What are your thoughts?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bandenkampfabzeichen and Heer FJ badge: original or fake?   Bandenkampfabzeichen and Heer FJ badge: original or fake?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bandenkampfabzeichen and Heer FJ badge: original or fake?
    P
    Many

Default re: Bandenkampfabzeichen and Heer FJ badge: original or fake?

Both are 100% fake.

Note the eyes to the skull on the Bandenkampfabzeichen . Known as the "Goggle" eye fake.

Heer FJ badge lacks the known die flaw to the eagle, which should make it appear like the eagle has a "beard" under it's beak.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Default Re: Bandenkampfabzeichen and Heer FJ badge: original or fake?

Hello Bob and welcome to the forum.
    As usual, Ade has made a good assessment of both badges. The Bandenkampfabzeichen is an easy to spot and well known fake. The skull always reminds me of the Iron Maiden album cover - 'Aces High'.
    The Heer Fallschirmjager badge is missing the beard as Ade mentions which is a feature of known original badges and there is a small area of pitting to the reverse of the diving eagle where the makers mark is, partly obscuring it. This could be an indicator of casting.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

As already said both are fakes,sorry. The BKA's a well known fake. Stewy

I think you should stay away from this "wannabe seller" as you mentioned to call him in the discussion about the Panzerkampfabzeichen badges.

It would be interseting to know what he wanted for the Bandenkampfabzeichen since there are very exspensive. At a real dealer now I have seen that a bronze goes for £ 2500.

/Jonas

Sorry € 2500, not £

/Jonas