Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bandenkampfabzeichen in Silber but don't cry...

Article about: How often do these come up? Sadly de-nazified in 1945, but I think the pics will be useful for future reference. Brought home by a British Officer who was a Major in the Royal Artillery. Che

Default Bandenkampfabzeichen in Silber but don't cry...

How often do these come up?

Sadly de-nazified in 1945, but I think the pics will be useful for future reference.

Brought home by a British Officer who was a Major in the Royal Artillery.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bandenkampfabzeichen in Silber but don't cry...   Bandenkampfabzeichen in Silber but don't cry...  

Bandenkampfabzeichen in Silber but don't cry...   Bandenkampfabzeichen in Silber but don't cry...  

Bandenkampfabzeichen in Silber but don't cry...   Bandenkampfabzeichen in Silber but don't cry...  

Bandenkampfabzeichen in Silber but don't cry...  
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bandenkampfabzeichen in Silber but don't cry...
    P
    Many

Textbook Bandenkampfabzeichen Ade. Not often to see de-nazified. Congrats for this badge!

Joe

A typical example of the type 2.3 badge with 2 cut outs and the standard short barrel hinge/banjo pin set up. Shame about the removed Sonnenrad, but it is what it is and still a collectable piece.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

For sure collectable and this badge have to tell history compared with those minty badges imo. I like badges like this one.

CBH
    ?

And it Speaks Volumes compared to the thousands of Fakes ! Beautiful badge

I've always thought the overly thorough "De-Nazification" orders were out of line. Some officers thought nothing of allowing flags,uniforms and badges get sent home, and then there were the Other officers that even insisted on chipping off the runes keys on typewriters. This rare and valuable badge is a good example of the latter kind. A shame, but it was a sign of the times-what could a soldier do?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    A shame, but it was a sign of the times-what could a soldier do?
    Hide it in his sock and not tell anyone?

I'm sure many a GI did just that, seeing as how they managed to get machine guns and grenades back home with them, but I've heard alot of vets tell how they were searched as they got on board the home ships and if they had anything with them over the side it went. Apparently, alot depended on if you ran into an officer with a stick up his butt for regulations.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    I'm sure many a GI did just that, seeing as how they managed to get machine guns and grenades back home with them, but I've heard alot of vets tell how they were searched as they got on board the home ships and if they had anything with them over the side it went. Apparently, alot depended on if you ran into an officer with a stick up his butt for regulations.
    A nice award Ade, and one that may now be affordable for someone's collection as apposed to an un-messed with example.

William, you are spot on about the searches that went on for "prohibited booty". My Granddad wanted to bring back a Belgium officers pistol but "over the side" it went! The MP's were not best pleased that he tried to get it back, but then again, who can blame them as our gun laws in the UK are very much stricter than those with our US cousins. Leon.

Hi Ade,
    do you know I think it is actually a gold grade you have there rather than a silver.
    The barrel hinge and hook always seem to the the colour of the award indicating that the grade colour was applied after the hardware had been fitted and then the blackened pin was added at the final stage.
    Looking closely at your badge it has taken on that slightly greenish hue that the gold awards have after absorption of the colour and looking at the barrel hinge that looks like a gold rather than silver to me.

Nice addition to your collection….the denazification adds even more to the history for me. Which German soldier would chance being captured by the soviets with that badge on them?!

Doug

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast