Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

BandKampfAbzeichen opinions

Article about: Hello All, I have been looking at this badge for several weeks now. I know the pictures are of poor quality and at first I put it down to being a good cast of an original badge. My initial c

Default BandKampfAbzeichen opinions

Hello All,
    I have been looking at this badge for several weeks now.
    I know the pictures are of poor quality and at first I put it down to being a good cast of an original badge.
    My initial concerns were the casting pits that are quite obvious on the hydras heads. The lack of detail around the oak leaf wreath and that goggle headed monkey skull at the bottom.
    The reverse seems to be a near perfect match to type one badges.

So looking at the flaws that are known it is apparent that some are missing but then considering the fingerprints that are known to exist both on the obverse and reverse are present.
    My thoughts are that this is an early diecast where the badge has been pulled out of the mould too early and left the casting pits and some of the known flaws and subsequent poor detailing have not yet become apparent.

Am I seeing a GOOD badge when in fact I should know that it is a DUD...I am completely undecided on this one so any opinions would be appreciated.

It's a private seller........I don't think there is any chance of getting any better pictures!

Doug

BandKampfAbzeichen opinionsBandKampfAbzeichen opinions

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement BandKampfAbzeichen opinions
    P
    Many

It looks like a good type 1 BKA to me.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Hi Doug, hope you get it and at a good Price too. I am afraid that for the time being, I will only be able to see them online

I reckon it stands a chance.

I really regret not buying two of these when I had the chance around 1980. But they were so rare, neither I, nor my friend who was selling them, had ever knowingly handled a real one and neither of us could be sure, so I passed. Wasting thirty odd quid was a lot of money back then......

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

That was a big pass Ade, but hey, I guess you have made it up with other great items you bought by then

Not long now until Antonio Scapini's long awaited BKA book is released. I've heard it'll be up there alongside Dietrich Maerz's DK book and Phil De Bock's PAB collectors double edition as a must have for serious study of these expensive and highly faked badges, I'll sure be getting a copy.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Thanks for mentioning that Ned, I will get a copy myself too. If I ever buy one of those, it will be great to have indeed

Quote by jamoros View Post
    Thanks for mentioning that Ned, I will get a copy myself too. If I ever buy one of those, it will be great to have indeed
    It's being printed now and is published in January. No prices yet, but expect it to be pretty much in the upper end of these publications I guess. The books alone are a fantastic part of the collecting sphere.

BandKampfAbzeichen opinions

Gosh Ned, hope your table can hold that amount of weight, quality. Will follow up wih you in January to check where can it be bought. I owe you your tip with Tom Durante s book, saved me a few Euros

Quote by jamoros View Post
    Gosh Ned, hope your table can hold that amount of weight, quality. Will follow up wih you in January to check where can it be bought. I owe you your tip with Tom Durante s book, saved me a few Euros
    I've picked up both of Tom's books since that pic was taken plus a couple of others. You can never get too much info in this hobby.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast