Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bandkampfabzeichen, real of fake?

Article about: Hey guys, Was hoping for an opinion on this. Sorry if it's an obvious fake, I'm not very good at telling these things! Kind regards, Robbie

?

Default Bandkampfabzeichen, real of fake?

Hey guys,

Was hoping for an opinion on this. Sorry if it's an obvious fake, I'm not very good at telling these things!
    Name:  9aaaf8a400e5b4c2fb6823559479defa.png
Views: 87
Size:  368.4 KB
    Name:  7404a336170c2c881d729b8da50c74e6.png
Views: 92
Size:  329.4 KB
    Kind regards,

Robbie

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Hello Robbie
    It is a fairly recent reproduction that is just hitting the markets.
    There are a couple of sellers with multiple IDs on fleabay that are pushing these out at the moment
    All the best
    Doug

?

Thanks for the heads up Doug - dodged a bullet there!

Robbie

Quote by Styx View Post
    Thanks for the heads up Doug - dodged a bullet there!

Robbie
    I don't know how you feel Robbie about having reproductions as fillers till a good one comes along but this one is worth Ģ20 just to fill a hole.
    I waited for years to grab my 'holy grail gold example of the BKA and managed to get one in the last couple of weeks.

Good hunting
    Doug

Repro for sure.

Is this type of BKA fake known as the "goggle eyed" fake? Stewy

Hi Stewy,
    this is one of the latest BKA prductions that are just hitting the market.
    The first goggle eyed fake has been around for a number of years now but it has been followed by multiple others,

If you note on the one that started the thread the areas that should be rounded have flattened tops. This reverse has been copied from the 'museum quality' reproductions which purposely had a flattened back to distinguish it from the original and on the example above it has been modified somewhat.

Cheers
    Doug
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0559[1].jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	101.2 KB 
ID:	911977  
    Last edited by Saladin; 12-10-2015 at 05:48 PM.

Here you go Stewy,
    I have found the pictures of my 'museum quality' badge. It's still an ugly fake but if you note the flattened reverse detail you can see where the one at the top draws its pedigree from.

Name:  321 AP Silver 1.JPG
Views: 69
Size:  77.7 KBClick image for larger version. 

Name:	321 AP Silver rev.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	40.6 KB 
ID:	911979

Quote by Saladin View Post
    Hi Stewy,
    this is one of the latest BKA prductions that are just hitting the market.
    The first goggle eyed fake has been around for a number of years now but it has been followed by multiple others,
    I have posted a picture of the first type and unfortunately I don't have a picture of the reverse but it had a good backside to it very similar to the Juncker examples.

If you note on the one that started the thread the areas that should be rounded have flattened tops. This reverse has been copied from the 'museum quality' reproductions which purposely had a flattened back to distinguish it from the original and on the example above it has been modified somewhat.

The obverse side of the badge has been reworked to give it more detail...sadly the die maker has given it too much detail.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0559[1].jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	101.2 KB 
ID:	911977

Cheers
    Doug

From what i can see this badge is looking original and not fake Doug. Also without the reverse side i canīt see anything wrong. Where was it spotted out as a fake?

Quote by Kradmelder View Post
    From what i can see this badge is looking original and not fake Doug. Also without the reverse side i canīt see anything wrong. Where was it spotted out as a fake?
    They picked it out over on the WAF here :bandenkampfabzeichen - opinions - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums
    but revisiting the thread you are right this is a good one. The one I have in my possession I purchased knowig it to be a copy...Well spotted It is moved from my Fake to Good file.
    Now you know why it took me so long to make a decision over the gold one I bought recently!!

Cheers
    Doug

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast