Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

The Blood Order Badge

Article about: Bob, Im indeed pulling your leg! Of course, I dont doubt that your rare badge is genuine. I tried to make a joke and failed miserably - sorry about that OT comment. As with the insistence fr

Default The Blood Order Badge

This is one of the rarest of 3rd Reich era decorations. It was made by Feuss and designed by Adolf Hitler to be given to a limited amount of early Alterkampfer. When the production was completed, Hitler decided to change the award from a badge to a medal and expand the number of individuals awarded the medal. He awarded the manufactured examples of the badge but they were to never be worn. It is likely less than 70 of these badges were made. The information regarding this badge was found in a letter written by Emil Maurice for his family to understand what it was. To the best of my knowledge, only three examples are known at ths time. The badge is 900 silver.

The Blood Order BadgeThe Blood Order Badge
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The Blood Order Badge
    P
    Many

Fascinating...a first for me, thanks for showing this incredible badge...
    cheers, Glenn

Amazing piece-one that I'd never even heard about in all these years. A badge like this must be near the top of the ultimate TR collectable badges! Do you own this one, Bob?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

It was part of a grouping of Maurice material that came out from the family. Other items included a Hitler watercolor of the Haufbrauhaus which was a gift to Maurice from AH, an auographed and dedicated early Hoffman photo of Hitler in civilian trench coat, an autographed and dedicated studio portrait of Gauleiter Wagner, his Hand Work Guild document and a photo of him on a sking trip with Geli Raubel. All of thiswas obtained nearly 15 years ago. A good friend of mine has an example of this badge given to an unknown Stosstruppe member. It was very interesting putting the two of them side by side over morning coffee about ten years ago.
    BOB

A big thank you to Bob for sharing this rarity with us!

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Superb!...

?

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    It was part of a grouping of Maurice material that came out from the family. Other items included a Hitler watercolor of the Haufbrauhaus which was a gift to Maurice from AH, an auographed and dedicated early Hoffman photo of Hitler in civilian trench coat, an autographed and dedicated studio portrait of Gauleiter Wagner, his Hand Work Guild document and a photo of him on a sking trip with Geli Raubel. All of thiswas obtained nearly 15 years ago. A good friend of mine has an example of this badge given to an unknown Stosstruppe member. It was very interesting putting the two of them side by side over morning coffee about ten years ago.
    I bet it was 'interesting!'
    An event for the books - two of these rarer-than-rocking-horse-poo badge side by side.
    Thanks for sharing.
    I wonder how many of these are left and/or in the wild.
    Could be fun to see a run-down of where examples are known to reside without going into details about owners (so and so many in museum, so and so many known to be in private hands and so forth....).

?

Upon further examination of the alleged 'Blood Order' badge, I have my doubts as to it being genuine.
    The pin is too thin and doesnt have the correct bulging middle.
    Further more, the attachment point is too large for the maker.
    The font is too thin and struck too deep.
    The Feldherrn Halle lacks detail.
    The eagle is too bloated.

You had better send it to me. Out of generosity, Ill take it off your hands to spare you further embarrasment.
    Ill even send you a quite unique heavily engraved/ornamented SA dagger once used by Sepp Dietrich to poke Rhöm in his cell upon receiving the badge.
    I was able to obtain this valuable one-of-a-kind dagger from the Dietrich estate.
    My details:
    Pawel Nowak
    Theyseekhimheretheyseekhimthere RD 007
    90210 Crooksvillesky
    USA, UK or Poland.

Quote by Scout View Post
    Upon further examination of the alleged 'Blood Order' badge, I have my doubts as to it being genuine.
    The pin is too thin and doesnt have the correct bulging middle.
    Further more, the attachment point is too large for the maker.
    The font is too thin and struck too deep.
    The Feldherrn Halle lacks detail.
    The eagle is too bloated.

You had better send it to me. Out of generosity, Ill take it off your hands to spare you further embarrasment.
    Ill even send you a quite unique heavily engraved/ornamented SA dagger once used by Sepp Dietrich to poke Rhöm in his cell upon receiving the badge.
    I was able to obtain this valuable one-of-a-kind dagger from the Dietrich estate.
    My details:
    Pawel Nowak
    Theyseekhimheretheyseekhimthere RD 007
    90210 Crooksvillesky
    USA, UK or Poland.
    One of the reasons these type of items are seldom posted as collectors fear negative comments. In the case of this badge, it has an impecable pedegree. When it first appeared, it was published in a leading European Orders and Medals periodical. I did not show the entire pin or provide a sharp detailed image of the front on purpose as we know the fakers read and copy from the Forums. One of the leading Germany auction houses has shown great interest in listing this badge for sale. The badge comes with a certified hand signed letter from Maurice explaining it's purpose to his family. If these were faked, where are the other examples? With all due respect, I must disagree with your opinion in this case.
    BOB

Hi Bob, I think Scout is pulling your leg.....

Cheers, Ade,
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast