Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Blutorden

Article about: After the runaway success of the sale of Graf's Blutorden last week, I thought I'd take a few pix of mine ..................... bought for a few hundred quid back in 1995. Second pattern, is

Default Blutorden

After the runaway success of the sale of Graf's Blutorden last week, I thought I'd take a few pix of mine ..................... bought for a few hundred quid back in 1995.

Second pattern, issue Nr. 1627 ................... possibly, but not certainly, to Karl Maass of Itzehoe.

Pity about the flash ................... but you get the general drift !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Blutorden   Blutorden  

Last edited by rbminis; 07-30-2019 at 09:05 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Blutorden
    P
    Many

He stays here ...............
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Blutorden  

A bit closer .................. that damned flash !!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Blutorden   Blutorden  

Very nice with that button hole ribbon! Thank you Robin for posting your fine example, Regards ,Paul

Very nice indeed.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

This Blood Order was picked up in Glasgow in 1995. It was part of a Scottish vet find from 1945 and came with promotion and other documents relating to SS-Stubaf. Hermann Riecken and Gauleiter Hinrich Loehse, both of the Schleswig-Holstein NSDAP and later the Ostministerium. Riecken's promotion document was signed by Himmler.

I think this Blood Order may (possibly) have been issued to a Karl Maass of Itzehoe, based on information in Patzwall’s BO book. The nearest confirmed number in the book is ‘1626’, and Maass is next on the list.

The fact that Itzehoe is in the right geographical area for Riecken and Loehse seems to support the theory of all being together in a vet find.

However, I’ve always had a nagging doubt that the BO might actually have been awarded to Riecken. The documents (promotion documents, appointment documents, etc.) suggest that the whole group might have been removed from Riecken’s home, or office, by the Scottish vet in 1945. But .................. I can’t find any reference to Riecken being a Blood Order holder.

Time will tell.

This BO is almost a 1st pattern and a few of the very early 2nd patterns in the 1600 range were actually awarded to those who took part in the putsch.

An example of this was the BO awarded to SS Officer Max Sollmann who was chief of Lebensborn and a member of SA Munich and a participant in the putsch.
    He missed the 1st striking of the medal and his BO number was 1615 if memory serves me right.

Thanks, Erich.

That's very interesting indeed.

Blood Orders are not my speciality, so your advice is very much appreciated.

Very nice grouping you have there Robin. In particular, I like the Germanische Leistungsrune, much rarer than the BO.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast