Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Buyin some books, advice needed Please

Article about: hi guys looking at getting a couple of reference books, my main interest is, the Ironcross 1st by Dietrich Maerz, Luftwaffe & Heer Paratrooper Badges 1936-1945 by Thomas M. Durante, The

Try this:

THE GERMAN PANZER ASSAULT BADGE OF WORLD WAR II: A Collector's Guide To The German Panzer Assault Badge Of World War II by Philippe De Bock.

ISBN-10: 9081420208
    ISBN-13: 978-9081420204

A Definitive Guide to the German Awards of World War II, Vol 1: the General Assault Badge by Frank Heukemes.

ISBN-10: 3000166521
    ISBN-13: 978-3000166525

Both are hard to find, but Frank's book is definitely the hardest. Try online second hand bookshops like Alibris, Awesome Books and AbeBooks as well as Ebay, that's how I get some of mine. It should be borne in mind that since both these books were written that new discoveries and information about unknown makers has come to light, although that does not affect the necessity of owning these books if you wish to collect these particular awards seriously.

Also bear in mind that if the book saves you from buying one fake it has most likely already paid for itself and the rest after that is, as they say, gravy.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Buyin some books, advice needed Please
    P
    Many

Quote by big ned View Post
    It's half that price for the English language version at MB Militaria. I know, I just bought it last week and it should be here Monday.

Militärhistorische Antiquitäten Berlin - Christian von Eicke GmbH - Militaria Versandhandel - free/de

Regards, Ned.
    yeah i seen this after i orderd some stuff from there
    its 30 Euro P+P so im waiting to order some medals then ill order it, save on post

Another very good book for the "Sonderabzeichen für das Niederkämpfen von Panzerkampfwagen durch Einzelkämpfer" from Dirk Schneider. Only in german language to have, but a very good made work from Dirk Schneider.

Das Panzervernichtungsabzeichen sowie das Tieffliegervernichtungsabze

thanks Nig ned found the Panzer AB book on ebay its a 2 volume book not bad for £100-150

thanks Kradmelder but my German is very bad

...pics are telling often enough and my english is very bad too, but i buy the english collecting books too.

Hi Ned, thanks for the tip. I registered on the webpage. I am using my tablet and when I try to buy it, it changes to Login back again. Maybe this web does not support browsing from Tablets, will try tonight from my PC, regards, Juan QUOTE=big ned;1446116]It's half that price for the English language version at MB Militaria. I know, I just bought it last week and it should be here Monday.

Militärhistorische Antiquitäten Berlin - Christian von Eicke GmbH - Militaria Versandhandel - free/de

Regards, Ned.[/QUOTE]

Regarding the Heukemes book: A Definitive Guide to the German Awards of World War II, Vol 1: the General Assault Badge

I have it too in my library in close to mint condition in english language. I had it only a few times in the hands, because it´s not really my collecting area. When anybody are interested in the book can contact me.

Regards
    Joe

B&D Publishing have some excellent books! I have half a dozen of them

B&D Publishing LLC

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

For many subjects Bender Publishing has good and interesting books
    from many authors.

www.bender-publishing.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3