Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

can anyone give me info on these? curious about value. cheers

Article about: Received medals from my great uncle who served in the wehrmacht

Default Re: can anyone give me info on these? curious about value. cheers

They would display very well with a photo of your uncle in uniform, very nice little group

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement can anyone give me info on these? curious about value. cheers
    P
    Many

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    Whatever you do, the group should be kept together and not split up.
    Absolutley agree! To you they must be priceless

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by Taylor Djalog View Post
    anyone here ever bought from oakleaf militaria?
    I have heard mixed reviews about this dealer, since you asked. A lot of his smaller items are correct, but a bit pricey. There are several authorities that do not like a few of the dealer's high-end items, to say the least.

As with any dealer out there, prior to purchase, do your research and get a second opinion; its how we all learn as a collector community. Prior to spending any money, post the item(s) up for discussion to ensure you don't get stuck with a reproduction. Another good idea is to purchase from the online forums directly, and many have a "for sale" or "classifieds" section to them. I would venture to say that 99.9% of the time if an item is posted for sale and is questionable, it is weeded out by forum staff rather quickly - so the stuff you're buying is legit, and typically much cheaper than online retailers, as it is a collector to collector transaction.

Welcome to the hobby and you picked a great place to start: WRF

William Kramer

sage advice for sure.

Quote by all1knew View Post
    I have heard mixed reviews about this dealer, since you asked. A lot of his smaller items are correct, but a bit pricey. There are several authorities that do not like a few of the dealer's high-end items, to say the least.

William Kramer
    Hi William, would you be willing to share a couple of the high-end items you speak of?

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    Hi William, would you be willing to share a couple of the high-end items you speak of?
    Big foot fake helmet:

http://www.oakleafmilitaria.com/097h2.html

William Kramer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture can anyone give me info on these? curious about value. cheers  

this is the only photo i have of hans. the original story my dad told me was that when his aunty showed him the medals when he was young there were the medals,a loaded luger, and a party book signed by adolf hitler at the nuremburg rally sitting in a cigar box. when he went back to germany in later years the party book was gone and all that remained was the luger,medals, and documents. (the luger was given to a museum as we live in australia) unfortunatly hanses wife had developed dementia and could barely remember who hans was or that the party book existed, and as for his uniform i think he was buried in it as he died a couple years after the war of lung cancer. better with him than with me i think.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture can anyone give me info on these? curious about value. cheers  

again thanks for the help lads

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3