Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Can someone tell me anything about this Fliegerschutzenabzeichen für Bordfunker und Bordschutzen?

Article about: Hey there guys! Is there anyone who can tell me if this Air-Gunner badge is real? And what is the maker? Cheers, Remy

Sorry Remy, Bottom line here is, no German manufacturer ever made any badges from Lead....
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Can someone tell me anything about this Fliegerschutzenabzeichen für Bordfunker und Bordschutzen?
    P
    Many

Quote by Angatta View Post
    The badge is in the collection of a good friend of mine. He told me that it is impossible that it is a fake because his grandfather got it from a German POW during WW2. Or were these fakes already made during ww2?
    Hi giys,

i am not collector of Luftwaffe awards but i have had many originals in hand over the years.

This is a definate fake IMO,nothing like any original i have seen.

As my friend and fellow collector Mike Kenny would say,

"Evaluate the item,not the story and not the sellers reputation".

Regards,Martin.

CBH
    ?

I've read somewhere that some replacement badges were produced in POW camps , using lead . But it still would be near impossible to prove . Thus no real value .

True that, but every POW produced badge that I've ever seen has never near equaled the minute detailing that this one shows. It's even made in 2 pieces like the originals, which I cannot imagine a POW produced piece being made as. Unfortunately, this one looks to my eyes like a poor lead metal fake.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Quote by Angatta View Post
    The badge is in the collection of a good friend of mine. He told me that it is impossible that it is a fake because his grandfather got it from a German POW during WW2. Or were these fakes already made during ww2?
    I'm sorry but your friend is very wrong.

There are many fake items here that 'are unquestionably original because it came from a veteran'.
    Truth is, collectors can be fooled or not want to disbelieve things they have been told or believed for a long time.

The badge speaks for itself. No story attached to it will make it any different.

The old line to remember here: evaluate the item, not the story or the person selling it!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Thanx for all the comments guys. I will show my friend this thread.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2