Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Cased Zerstörer-Kriegsabzeichen

Article about: Just secured this SHuCo Zerstörer-Kriegsabzeichen . Medal looks good to me , I dont know about the case I would like you guys to give it a once over please Many thanks Nick

Default Cased Zerstörer-Kriegsabzeichen

Just secured this SHuCo Zerstörer-Kriegsabzeichen . Medal looks good to me , I dont know about the case

I would like you guys to give it a once over please

Many thanks

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cased Zerstörer-Kriegsabzeichen   Cased Zerstörer-Kriegsabzeichen  

Cased Zerstörer-Kriegsabzeichen   Cased Zerstörer-Kriegsabzeichen  

Cased Zerstörer-Kriegsabzeichen  
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Cased Zerstörer-Kriegsabzeichen
    P
    Many

Default Re: Cased Zerstörer-Kriegsabzeichen

Hi Nick,

Dunno about the box, but the rear set up; pin,hinge,catch and securing hook all look right for this maker.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

No problems with it for me Nick, you might just want to check out the size of the catch plate against some others as I've never seen one quite this big, I'm sure it's just a variant though. Everything else checks out and I like the box too.
    Here's my badge for you to compare......
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cased Zerstörer-Kriegsabzeichen   Cased Zerstörer-Kriegsabzeichen  

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Nick you are having a great week picking up new items. Great job.

Quote by Adrian View Post
    No problems with it for me Nick, you might just want to check out the size of the catch plate against some others as I've never seen one quite this big, I'm sure it's just a variant though. Everything else checks out and I like the box too.
    I concur with that. Here's a couple I was looking at; also some slight differences.

The box is probably right too. Looking into it, the early awards are described as 'in a blue card tray with blue velvet lining and a white lid stapled at the corners. Late war awards were supplied in a small buff coloured paper packet.'

Also, 'awarded in a white cardboard box with tissue.' Differences would be expected over time I'd imagine, here's some pic's of that last type.

Regards, Ned.

- - Updated - -

Quote by Adrian View Post
    I concur with that. Here's a couple I was looking at; also some slight differences.

The box is probably right too. Looking into it, the early awards are described as 'in a blue card tray with blue velvet lining and a white lid stapled at the corners. Late war awards were supplied in a small buff coloured paper packet.'

Also, 'awarded in a white cardboard box with tissue.' Differences would be expected over time I'd imagine, here's some pic's of that last type.

Regards, Ned.

Attached Images Attached Images Cased Zerstörer-Kriegsabzeichen  Cased Zerstörer-Kriegsabzeichen  Cased Zerstörer-Kriegsabzeichen 
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Adrian/Ned ,once again many thanks for your comments and help on these awards

Adrian you have a fine example. I love the way the bow cuts through the wreath on this award , superb !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

I agree, the Kriegsmarine awards are (IMO) the best designed across the three branches.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Nick all i have to say, looking at your "cv" where there heck do you get your items form? especially your eks! atm i am actually wanting to sped out on a pkz, maker marked, cased ek1 and can not find a nice enough one! including all local antiques shops fairs you name it! and online there all not up to scratch with rust spots etc.

Let me know your secrets!! Please! lol

Cheers

Rory

Also the km badge looks good. Not that i know much about them. Usually i get a vibe about items, which is usually right

Thanks Rory

To be honest most of my items come from the e stand on WAF. They tend to be better priced than dealers and they usually open to negotiation. This Destroyer badge came from my friend Daniel at Great Militaria. He has another cased one by the way, made by Orth

Happy hunting mate !

Nick

?

Cheers Nick i will definetly register on that forum, ive looked on it before for references.

Cheers

Rory

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast