Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

The cloth DKiG of Major Mugge.

Article about: Hi This is the cloth Deutsches Kreuz in Gold of Major Adolf Mugge(Mooge) awarded 08.11.1943,as Major, I./Gren.Rgt. 590 .Since acquiring the cross I have found out the following he was born 0

Default The cloth DKiG of Major Mugge.

Hi
    This is the cloth Deutsches Kreuz in Gold of Major Adolf Mugge(Mooge) awarded 08.11.1943,as Major, I./Gren.Rgt. 590 .Since acquiring the cross I have found out the following he was born 01.16.1907 and entered into the Honour roll on 27.07.1944. Major,11./Gren.Rgt 1057.I also found out he was killed on the 28.9.1944 near or in Hameln and is buried in field E III 6 of the Wehl Cemetery Hameln(Hamelin).I would appreciate any help finding further information on Major Mugg and any suggestion of books that might cover the activities of the Regiments he was with at the time.I only have copies of the preliminary award document and photo so I am on the look out for the originals.

Regards Jon Page

Wehl,Cemetery,Hameln.Google Translate

The cloth DKiG of Major Mugge.The cloth DKiG of Major Mugge.The cloth DKiG of Major Mugge.The cloth DKiG of Major Mugge.The cloth DKiG of Major Mugge.The cloth DKiG of Major Mugge.

Deutsche Kreuz in Gold Mügge,Adolf, 08.11.1943, /Gren Major, I..Rgt. 590.
    Last edited by Lord Page; 08-16-2013 at 09:07 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The cloth DKiG of Major Mugge.
    P
    Many

this one is just awesome and history behind it to start! Has a much more copper colored wreath than brass. Here's another for reference, and a closeup of the die flaw.

William Kramer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The cloth DKiG of Major Mugge.   The cloth DKiG of Major Mugge.  

The cloth DKiG of Major Mugge.