Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Collectors Guild

Article about: Anybody use them? Comments? Concerns?

millertime021
    ?

Default Collectors Guild

Anybody use them? Comments? Concerns?

2. # ADS

Default Re: Collectors Guild

I have known of them for many years now never purchased anything from them because EVERYTHING I have ever seen them list for sale-has always been almost twice or more times over the price I find the same or similar item for sell at from other dealers.

If you wan't to over-spend on common items-then I suggest buying from them. If you want better deals-buy from other dealers first.

I have nothing personal against them but prefer to save my money and buy from elsewhere. Sometimes for the price of one of their items, I can get two items fro somebody else.

Also, the only other good thing I can say about Collectors Guild-is that other than being robbed of much of your savings when buying from them, they do have a very good reputation.

Re prices: the thing is, these items are on consignment there, so the basic price is set by the seller, ie the collector concerned.

Cheers, Ade.

Yes - have to agree: the site posts nice items for sale and Peter has a huge inventory of pieces but they are WAY over priced. That said - it amazes me that a lot of these pieces DO sell. One thing that is super cool about the site is the amount of info you can get off of there.
    Rob

If you watch the various forums sometimes you can pick up items that did not sell at the Guild. I got a great set of Obbergefolgshcaftsfuher Motor HJ boards for about half of what the seller had them listed at the Guild for.

You pay more but you also are receiving Peter's expertise in the hobby. That said, one must alwaus do their homework as no one is infallible. I have purchased several unique items from him over the years.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    You pay more but you also are receiving Peter's expertise in the hobby. That said, one must alwaus do their homework as no one is infallible. I have purchased several unique items from him over the years.
    I have great respect for Peter Whamond. One cannot deny that the material is costly, but it is also of very high quality. He is a real gentleman and a colleague. And, as you have noted, he includes a great deal of useful knowledge found no where else in such a nice form. That is a remarkable service, for which he deserves our respect. Other dealers add little or nothing to the store of historical information about these relics.

millertime021
    ?

Thanks guys. I found an Iron Cross 2nd Class for sale for $119. I'll attach a pic below. What do you think about it, because many other sites sell Iron Crosses for no less than $130.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Collectors Guild  

millertime021
    ?

And sorry that's the best picture they have.

That is a very nice original EKII. Nothing much more to say on it than that.

Cheers, Ade.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast