Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Curious Ribbonbar

Article about: It would be correct if an EKII ribbon were attached in first place or the extreme left, as the blue Long Service ribbon should come after the 2 campaign ribbons - ie: KVKII and Ostfront. The

?

Dealers make mistakes. Some 'intentionally', some not.

This is a very very bad mistake on the part of Winkler who actually uses the 'wrong' in this bar as a selling point! Ludicrous and not a particularly good advert for his integrity or knowledge.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Curious Ribbonbar
    P
    Many

SS Tuxedo badge anyone? *snicker*

My knowledge in medal bars is lacking. With that said, is my theory possibly correct? Also, is this dealer known for making fake ground up items such as ss tunics? Thanks

?

Anything is of course possible although if they could be divided on a 4:3 basis, the Afrika ribbon would not take precedence over the KVK ribbon and even if flipped over, the long service medal would therefore end up at the start of the ribbon bar and be incorrectly placed ahead of the KVK and Ostmedaille.

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    Also, is this dealer known for making fake ground up items such as ss tunics?
    Not that i've heard, there was the fiasco last year of the fake SS Tuxedo badges he flogged off in the US and there are a few dodgy items amongst his wares but as always with dealers (even so-called 'high profile' dealers), you must always know what you are looking at and don't just take their word for it.

Kai does have a very attractive website with lots of pretty pictures and he is generally considered as being overpriced but the vast majority of his wares are genuine i'm sure. Personally I won't buy from him after an unpleasant deal 2 years ago but that's another story.

Hello there,

Is it possible to post a reverse photo of the bar for reference please, did it have a backing?

William Kramer

Amazingly enough it is still for sale (I suspect it may gather dust on his website for some time to come until some poor schmuck falls for the rare '2 Afrika award' line)

Curious Ribbonbar

I don't know much about backing setups for ribbon bars but this one does appear to be the cheaper 'punched out' hook type that I believe is the favorite style for the fakers to use. i will have to leave further comment to the experts in this field.

?

If it's a 'put together' it might be made from original pieces in which case the only clue it isn't right is the fact the ribbons are in the wrong order and quantities.

Quote by Adrian View Post
    If it's a 'put together' it might be made from original pieces in which case the only clue it isn't right is the fact the ribbons are in the wrong order and quantities.
    but if the first ribbon was an EK_2 wouldn't the order of the ribbons be correct then?

William Kramer

First ribbon on the right or left?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast