Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Dagger, Pistol, Pens, Ribbon, Iron Cross, Buckels,....All brought back from France by my Good Friend

Article about: Thanks everyone.....

Default Dagger, Pistol, Pens, Ribbon, Iron Cross, Buckels,....All brought back from France by my Good Friend

These Items were brought back from France. He Landed on D-Day +10 and wounded Battle of the bulge January 1945. He was nick named the"Old Dawg" and was on the front line the entire time. Please check out my other post with more info on Vyrl and many more pictures of the SA Dagger.
    I have only one story with one item. The Iron Cross was ripped off a walking German prisoner, the prisoner got mad and started yelling at Vyrl. He told me in he fixed his bayonet and pointed it him with this riffle and that shut him up and he kept walking in line. He told me "Oh I probably shouldn't of done it....but I did." I just kinda laughed and said I bed he never forgot you. And he didn't need it to where he was going to make him feel better about it. The Iron Cross isn't in the best of shape but...it has a story...from a Great man. Most of them probably don't.
    His family got the actual metals that were in the Picture Frame and I got what he gave me or got after his pass. Please feel free to leave comments on these items. You might know something about them that I don't.
    Thank You
    Brice Dagger, Pistol, Pens, Ribbon, Iron Cross, Buckels,....All brought back from France by my Good FriendDagger, Pistol, Pens, Ribbon, Iron Cross, Buckels,....All brought back from France by my Good FriendDagger, Pistol, Pens, Ribbon, Iron Cross, Buckels,....All brought back from France by my Good FriendDagger, Pistol, Pens, Ribbon, Iron Cross, Buckels,....All brought back from France by my Good FriendDagger, Pistol, Pens, Ribbon, Iron Cross, Buckels,....All brought back from France by my Good FriendDagger, Pistol, Pens, Ribbon, Iron Cross, Buckels,....All brought back from France by my Good FriendDagger, Pistol, Pens, Ribbon, Iron Cross, Buckels,....All brought back from France by my Good FriendDagger, Pistol, Pens, Ribbon, Iron Cross, Buckels,....All brought back from France by my Good FriendDagger, Pistol, Pens, Ribbon, Iron Cross, Buckels,....All brought back from France by my Good FriendDagger, Pistol, Pens, Ribbon, Iron Cross, Buckels,....All brought back from France by my Good FriendDagger, Pistol, Pens, Ribbon, Iron Cross, Buckels,....All brought back from France by my Good FriendDagger, Pistol, Pens, Ribbon, Iron Cross, Buckels,....All brought back from France by my Good FriendDagger, Pistol, Pens, Ribbon, Iron Cross, Buckels,....All brought back from France by my Good FriendDagger, Pistol, Pens, Ribbon, Iron Cross, Buckels,....All brought back from France by my Good FriendDagger, Pistol, Pens, Ribbon, Iron Cross, Buckels,....All brought back from France by my Good FriendDagger, Pistol, Pens, Ribbon, Iron Cross, Buckels,....All brought back from France by my Good FriendDagger, Pistol, Pens, Ribbon, Iron Cross, Buckels,....All brought back from France by my Good FriendDagger, Pistol, Pens, Ribbon, Iron Cross, Buckels,....All brought back from France by my Good FriendDagger, Pistol, Pens, Ribbon, Iron Cross, Buckels,....All brought back from France by my Good FriendDagger, Pistol, Pens, Ribbon, Iron Cross, Buckels,....All brought back from France by my Good FriendDagger, Pistol, Pens, Ribbon, Iron Cross, Buckels,....All brought back from France by my Good FriendDagger, Pistol, Pens, Ribbon, Iron Cross, Buckels,....All brought back from France by my Good FriendDagger, Pistol, Pens, Ribbon, Iron Cross, Buckels,....All brought back from France by my Good FriendDagger, Pistol, Pens, Ribbon, Iron Cross, Buckels,....All brought back from France by my Good FriendDagger, Pistol, Pens, Ribbon, Iron Cross, Buckels,....All brought back from France by my Good FriendDagger, Pistol, Pens, Ribbon, Iron Cross, Buckels,....All brought back from France by my Good FriendDagger, Pistol, Pens, Ribbon, Iron Cross, Buckels,....All brought back from France by my Good FriendDagger, Pistol, Pens, Ribbon, Iron Cross, Buckels,....All brought back from France by my Good FriendDagger, Pistol, Pens, Ribbon, Iron Cross, Buckels,....All brought back from France by my Good FriendDagger, Pistol, Pens, Ribbon, Iron Cross, Buckels,....All brought back from France by my Good FriendDagger, Pistol, Pens, Ribbon, Iron Cross, Buckels,....All brought back from France by my Good FriendDagger, Pistol, Pens, Ribbon, Iron Cross, Buckels,....All brought back from France by my Good FriendDagger, Pistol, Pens, Ribbon, Iron Cross, Buckels,....All brought back from France by my Good FriendDagger, Pistol, Pens, Ribbon, Iron Cross, Buckels,....All brought back from France by my Good Friend

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Dagger, Pistol, Pens, Ribbon, Iron Cross, Buckels,....All brought back from France by my Good Friend
    P
    Many

Default Re: Dagger, Pistol, Pens, Ribbon, Iron Cross, Buckels,....All brought back from France by my Good Friend

I took this picture of "The Old Dawg" one month before he passed. The best guy I ever knew.

Default Re: Dagger, Pistol, Pens, Ribbon, Iron Cross, Buckels,....All brought back from France by my Good Friend

Very cool lot, sorry for his passing. Make sure the history stays with the lot!

I will treasure them for life, and pass these relics down to my family. Thank You!

Nice story and collection! The pistol looks to me to be a Ruby, Spanish pistol. Can't tell if its a 9 or the 7.65mm model. Both where used by the Germans. It was called the Pistole 624(f). They where mass made for the French army by many different Spanish gun makers and factory's from 1914 up to 1939, changing the model slightly in 1935; the 1935 A and the 1935 S. So in fact they where Beutewaffen, taken from the French army.
    Good chunky pistols, easy to field strip and if you were lucky to have one made by a good gun smith they were acurate. I used to have one, and enjoyed shooting it.
    The grips don't seem to be original as they normaly have wooden or hard rubber grips.

?

Wow, a great lot! A great story about the Iron Cross.
    I can understand the German prisoner got mad!
    He got it in WW1, so he had it for a long time..

Keep this lot to honor you friend.

?

A great group of items that have a whole lot more meaning than many. Thank you for posting.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

A really nice lot with sentimental value! Keep them together

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

KSH
    ?

Thank you for sharing these military mementos with such an interesting and poignant history behind them.

- Kenneth

Yes your right...its a 1914 Spanish made pistol, I cant remember if it was a 9 or 7.65. The grips arnt original is what I heard also.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast