Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast

The dangers of alcohol and website updates

Article about: Very nice additions Glenn ! Watch out for that radiation mate! I had another drunken spending spree last night... oh dear Nick

?

Default Re: The dangers of alcohol and website updates

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    One day Glenn you will wake up after a binge and find you have bought an RK

Nick
    From ebay........

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The dangers of alcohol and website updates
    P
    Many

Or Snyders!...

?

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    I had a good collecting weekend the last 2 days, I didn't plan it to be this way...it just happened!

We in Qatar have our weekend on the Friday and Saturday so as most do I was enjoying a few relaxing adult beverages on Thursday night when I saw the 8pm Military Antiques of Stockholm update was about to land. Mind you, 8pm in Stockholm is 10pm in Qatar so I was already 3 sheets to the wind when the hour of 10 o'clock struck and the excitement of new TR memorabilia took over...

I mean, it's not such a big deal is it? You click on a box, key in some numbers and viola! you own a lovely piece of history!

The website was slow to respond "must be all those other collectors hogging the bandwidth" I thought, which only increased the feeling of competition and excitement. Got to beat the other guys to those minty medals/badges!

So first is this MM30 GWB, I've been looking for one in this condition for ages and I don't think I even checked the price before 'adding to cart'

Attachment 174841

Then a nice Frank and Reif Panzerkampf Abzeichen caught my eye. I wasn't really looking for a zinker but it was so pretty and shiny that just like a Magpie bringing trinkets back to it's nest, I just had to have it! Click! 'add to cart'!

Attachment 174839

This was going so well that I quickly poured another Bourbon and checked through the rest of the new items. There were 4 NSDAP party badges that caught my eye, some were already 'on hold' which only added to the tension, as soon as I had opened the gallery to review the item it too would be on hold and another would become available as guys were adding them to their carts and then deleting once they'd changed their minds. Luckily the M1/13 I liked the most and which was originally on hold became free again so 'click'! 'add to cart!

Attachment 174840

The adrenaline and alcohol were forming a dangerous cocktail of 'what the hell, lets go for it' so I then flicked over to the 'Great Militaria' site where there was a beautiful BH Mayer bronze Panzerkampf Abzeichen that I had been earlier eyeing off but had dismissed as 'too expensive'. In the euphoria of the moment it too was quickly added to cart and is now on it's way to my nest!

Attachment 174842

I don't know what it all cost really (I don't want to look) all I know is the credit card has a good sized hole in it now and i'm promising myself NOT to buy anymore militaria at least until these have arrived and this months paycheck has been deposited...but of course if a minty EK1 should happen to wander by....

Surely drugs must be less addictive than this hobby?

Glenn

Haha, I know that 'Oh God what did I buy last night' feeling all too well. The rule when drinking is:

Stay away from mobile phones
    Log out of any social networking sites
    Ban yourself from any auction or militaria sites!

Worst thing I did was buy a repro US Marine K-Bar in a box, signed by a 1st MarDiv vet from Peleliu and included copy of 'With the Old Breed'. A good buy definetely, but it was obscenely priced, thankfully I was able to reverse the purchase the morning after

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Or Snyders!...
    Most likely, lolll

Have not been drinking much lately, probably nothing.
    But i do have my leg wrapped in cast, so im so bored..... I bought 4 hats, binoculars, a field telephone, 20 photos, a book, a 3m long US banner, 2 ps3 games.
    In my view, boredom is equally dangerous as being drunk

Oh puleeze, I don't ever get 'drunk', that is sooo low-brow.

I get pleasantly inebriated and make informed purchases based on sound reasoning and the encouragement of the seasoned veterans of the WRF. Hence, last weekends tally summed only a paltry old hat and a salty medal of some description as per the below images...

Last edited by Glenn66; 06-28-2013 at 03:23 PM.

Terribly crude fakes...both of them....send them immediately to me for proper disposal. They must be removed from the collecting community to avoid any possible further duping of drunken collectors who may be gypped out of their money by an unethical seller purporting them to be genuine....
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I really shouldn't drink in the afternoons either...

Its a fake Glenn! Give it to me ...now !

Congrats man

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

You're probably right Nick, I blame my poor judgement on the afternoon Peroni's! I wouldn't want to burden you with such junk so i'll bin it the moment it arrives!

(You no doubt have 2 or 3 of these awards anyway)

Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast