Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Danzig Alter Kampfer Badge

Article about: Please comment if this is good or bad Thanks z4.

Default Danzig Alter Kampfer Badge

Please comment if this is good or bad

Thanks z4.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Danzig Alter Kampfer Badge  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Danzig Alter Kampfer Badge
    P
    Many

I like it but not sure of originality.

Those pins were made by the firm of Rudolf Souval of Wien post war. As if that wasn't bad enough someone decided to reproduce their fake adding their own personal touch (different hardware). I am not aware of ANY original badges of this design and would think it was Souval's project from day 1. They are still being sold by both reproduction dealers as such and some more enterprising ones as originals.
    Don't get fooled by apparent 'bubbling' of the finish on some of those as some were made long decades ago (but post 45). Majority of those were made in zinc (Souvals) and some in who-knows-what (Souval's knockoffs).
    If you do some digging you will find some marked examples (Husken if memory serves).
    Cheers
    Matt
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Gau Ehrenzeichen Collector

Thanks for the information Matt.

z4

there is a badge of Danzig alter kampfer.

[QUOTE=harryamb2;1103407]there is a badge of Danzig alter kampfer.[/
    Commonly known as Danzig / Gau West Preussen Ehrenzeichen. Yes there is one. Or more precisely two (designs). The badge at the top of this thread is not it. It differs in design, materials, hardware and size- in short it is but an illusion of the real thing. The first model of this badge has been reproduced in high quality cast (tombak) as shown in few publications, same with the second pattern (silver).
    I am yet to come across one of those pins (regardless of the pattern) in zinc or zinc alloy that I would believe was of period manufacture. Having said that I think there might have been another pattern/maker of those (made in tombak) but whether or not that is correct I do not know yet.

Attachment 639668

An original pre 1945 specimen. Maker: Paul Kust, Berlin. Picture credit H.Weitze