Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Danzig Cross thoughts

Article about: Hey Everyone, I was wondering what some of you guys thought about the Danzig cross. I am aware that it is one of the few awards that does not feature the swastika and that there were only a

Default Danzig Cross thoughts

Hey Everyone,

I was wondering what some of you guys thought about the Danzig cross. I am aware that it is one of the few awards that does not feature the swastika and that there were only a few produced. Namely 88 first class and 253 second. I have been searching around the web and have found 2 respective websites each with Danzigs for sale, both are GDC and MAX certified. Each featuring a relatively low price on these examples. I was wondering why this would be so reasonable? Is this just a less sought after metal, is there a flood of fakes on the market and these cant be trusted, are these not well documented? Anyway, any thoughts on these would be much appreciated.

Thanks kindly,

Jess

here are the two examples
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Danzig Cross thoughts   Danzig Cross thoughts  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Danzig Cross thoughts
    P
    Many

Default Re: Danzig Cross thoughts

Hi Jesshaedrich

At first glance I would say the medal looks ok, it doesn't correspond to any of the know fakes of this award. Though I would look for a second and third opinion on this one if I where you...

Greetz

Nick VR

Hey Again,

Sooo... does anyone know a thing or two about the Danzig? Im wondering if there are a number of these on the market because most of them were never issued and there are a great deal more than the 88 and the 253? Also if anyone can post known fakes or at-least point me in the right direction to find a book or other source that might have fake characteristic it would be most appreciated.

Thanks kindly,
    Jess

Hi Jess

This is what I found. On the first picture you can see that there are gaps in the crown these are not found on originals. On the second picture you can see another Danzig cross wich is also a reproduction. This medal really lacks the detail of an original. And those white lines shouldn't be there...

Greetz

Nick VR
    Attached Images Attached Images Danzig Cross thoughts  Danzig Cross thoughts 

Thanks very much Nick, I appreciate you looking. May I ask where these pictures are from. If you can post the wed-site.

Thanks kindly,
    Jess

Hi Jess,i'm with Nick. The ribbon could be a repro/replacement though. Stewy S