Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Danzig Flakkampfabzeichen

Article about: Hello all, Annoyed from this ads?   I have an interesting badge for consideration. Also, if this piece turns out to be genuine would 2400 USD be fair? Thank you!

G43
    ?

Default Danzig Flakkampfabzeichen

Hello all,

I have an interesting badge for consideration. Also, if this piece turns out to be genuine would 2400 USD be fair? Thank you!

Danzig FlakkampfabzeichenDanzig FlakkampfabzeichenDanzig FlakkampfabzeichenDanzig FlakkampfabzeichenDanzig Flakkampfabzeichen
    Last edited by rbminis; 03-11-2020 at 08:43 PM. Reason: Edited title.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Danzig Flakkampfabzeichen
    P
    Many

G43
    ?

Also, Is it true that these should not have a maker mark?

?

Hello,
    These badges are super duper rare. I saw one in person that belonged to Bob McCarthy (a well known collector and a legend in this hobby) back in 1980 or so. McCarthy's badge had a slightly different set up. I remember seeing one for sale by Detlev Nieman and it looked like Bob's badge (check the Nieman book page 181). The above badge does not (the details on your badge look soft).

$2,400 would be fair for such a badge providing it is real and I don't have a good feeling with the badge that started this thread-just my opinion.

Jody

Some are found with the Danzig Stumpf u. Sohn marking, and others are unmarked...As long as the reverse hardware is identical, as depicted...There are private purchase variants encountered in 835 Silver as well, but those have different -more stout- reverse hardware, more like the kind seen on regular awards...
    My Niemann Price Guide quotes 1200 Euros for the "Halbhohl"/"Partially Hollow" version such as this...I am positive that you can find one MUCH cheaper if you are patient...I have a photo of the badge in wear, and own one of these myself btw...
    cheers, Glenn
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Danzig Flakkampfabzeichen  
    Attached Images Attached Images Danzig Flakkampfabzeichen  Danzig Flakkampfabzeichen  Danzig Flakkampfabzeichen  Danzig Flakkampfabzeichen 
    Last edited by bigmacglenn; 01-05-2015 at 12:35 AM.

G43
    ?

Thank you, Jody and Glenn. I know they are quite rare, which makes me nervous.

?

Hello,
    I checked and Bob's badge had a barrel hinge and a 835 silver content mark.

Jody

Comparison between 835 and regular, currently accepted original.
    Not much is known about those badges. What we do know is that it was not an officially instituted award and as such none would be issued pieces per se. Whether that makes them all private purchase or something entirely different is up to the individual collector to decide.
    Picture credit: H.Weitze

cheers

Matt

G43
    ?

The badge I originally posted does seem to compare to the example presented by other members. Thank you all.

Hi G43, could you kindly put it on the scales?

Default Danzig Flakkampfabzeichen

Good morning, I had already posted this in another trend. I had bought the medal almost 4 months ago at a flea market and this was found to be the original
    The report is from an expert officeDanzig FlakkampfabzeichenDanzig FlakkampfabzeichenDanzig FlakkampfabzeichenDanzig Flakkampfabzeichen

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast