Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Demjansk Shield

Article about: Ärmelschild " Demjansk" The shield of Demjansk was instituted in 23 of April of 1943, for the “Führer Adolf Hither”, to remember the troops who had fought in the bolsão of Demjansk

Afrika
    ?

Default Demjansk Shield

Ärmelschild " Demjansk" The shield of Demjansk was instituted in 23 of April of 1943, for the “Führer Adolf Hither”, to remember the troops who had fought in the bolsão of Demjansk during the year of 1942. Details of the Shield In the high one of the shield it has an eagle with the wings opened for low, embreando a wreath in whose center it has a suástica cross. In each side of the wreath with the suástica it has two casemates of trapezial form, with an opening in the center for the detonation of weapons. Below it has a box with word “DEMJANSK” in capital letters. The main body of the shield possesss wavy edges, being its main drawing an airplane of recognition of engine only e two great crossed military swords. Two variations of the helix of the airplane exist, a helix that if finds in the horizontal position and in that if it finds in the arched position. Below of the swords it appears the registration of the year of 1942. The shield was printed and produced in steel (magnetic) and zinc bathed in silver (very rare). He was fixed in the uniform through one fabric in the same color that the uniform of the decorated one. Statistics of Concession They is esteem that about 100.000 shields they had been granted to the men who had remained surrounded in the bolsão of Demjansk. One of the 6 imprisoned Divisions in the bolsão was famous the 3. Waffen SS Division Totenkopf, commanded for the Obergruppenführer Theodor Eicke. Presentation of the Shield This is as the Demjansk shield that I have. The first one was for the collection of our friend Conde Della Rosa in an exchange and later it followed for England, if my memory serves me right. I confess, that although this shield not to be one of the favourite Shields of the collectors, as the Narvik or the Krimschield, this was one of the parts that more joy in this year brought me of 2007. Its state of conservation about 95% (Near Mint), magnetic and is manufactured by Karl Wurster. In the reverse it has the magnetic metallic plate and the covering in paper imitating black leather.

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Demjansk Shield   Demjansk Shield  

Last edited by Nick VR; 07-27-2008 at 05:02 PM. Reason: Uploaded pictures to server:

2. # ADS

Afrika
    ?

Default Re: Demjansk shield Fake Gallery

Details of the Shield

Afrika
    ?

Default Re: Demjansk shield Fake Gallery

This was the Shield that also belonged to the Conde Della Rosa: ORIGINAL

As it could not leave of being, given the raised value that these shields reach (between u$ 600 - 800), being after the Shield of the most valued Cholm, it has diverse fakes in the market easily, being the identified majority.
    Attached Images Attached Images Demjansk Shield  Demjansk Shield 
    Last edited by Nick VR; 07-27-2008 at 05:26 PM. Reason: Uploaded pictures to server:

Afrika
    ?

Default Re: Demjansk Shield

Fakes and Criteria of Originalidade The general aspect of the shield is very important for the evaluation. Shields where one perceives escorrimentos or differences of materials in the fusing, through longitudinal lines can be considered false. The writing letters are very important. It is had that the superior leg of the J does not have to possess teeth in its extremity. The S is lightly torto in the clockwise one.

THE J NEVER MUST HAVE THE TOOTH! CARE: IN BRAZIL IT HAS SEVERAL OF THESE FALSE SHIELDS WITH TEETH… The known manufacturers of this shield are:
    - Karl Wurster - marked in the verse of the shield;
    - JFS (Josef Feix Söhne, Gablone after Christ. N.)
    - sealed with ink in the paper of the reverse;
    - One or two unknown manufacturers.

Helix of the mobile airplane - false. The original is a helix straight line.

False shield - prongs back wrong, paper with missed oil, wrong "J" and mobile helix.

False shield. Drained in the finishing and tooth in the "J"

---------------------------------------
    By Carlos Couto Jr.

Writing for William Schimdt - OMMB - Brasil
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Demjansk Shield   Demjansk Shield  

Demjansk Shield  
    Last edited by Nick VR; 07-27-2008 at 05:27 PM. Reason: Uploaded pictures to server:

?

I know this is a de4ad thread but Am sorry to say you are giving false information about the shield. What you can the tooth on the "J" and the mobile propeller are absolutely acceptable. detlev Niemann, and other major notable dealers have sold sold and accept what you call bad. Sorry but youre wrong.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Demjansk Shield  

Yes, I agree. The serif 'J' and moving/curved prop on the Zinc version is, as said the copy, but this copy was modeled on the shield below (and your shield as a comparison).

Second point regarding the rare Zinc shield. I've owned one and personally didn't like it. IMO original Zinc shield's were never produced, but as I say that's just my opinion.

KR...Peter