Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Demjansk Shield missing log variant

Article about: Guys, need a bit of help here. Trying to help someone out in determining of this missing log variant is a good one. I have checked examples here on the forum for comparison. Overall it looks

MAP
    ?

Default Demjansk Shield missing log variant

Guys, need a bit of help here. Trying to help someone out in determining of this missing log variant is a good one.

I have checked examples here on the forum for comparison. Overall it looks good but my concern are the weak details, primarily on the upper half of the award.

As you can see it is in near mint condition so maybe the details are weak due to the die wearing out....in line with the die flaw of the missing log.

Or maybe it's just my imagination...

Any thoughts on originality??? Thanks in advance.

Sorry for the double post of pictures...doing this from a tablet.

Michael

Demjansk Shield missing log variantDemjansk Shield missing log variantDemjansk Shield missing log variantDemjansk Shield missing log variantDemjansk Shield missing log variantDemjansk Shield missing log variantDemjansk Shield missing log variantDemjansk Shield missing log variant
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Demjansk Shield missing log variant
    P
    Many

?

Missing log ?
    Is that like hide the salami ?

MAP
    ?

Quote by SteveR View Post
    Missing log ?
    Is that like hide the salami ?
    Can always count on you Steve LoL..

Upper right corner btw....

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

Just a little bump. Any views or opinions??

Hi Michael, I'm far from expert on these & I've not checked but my first impressions are not good. If it is an original "missing log", for me I'd wait for a better one. Stewy

Hello Michael,
    I think Nicola has explained it quite well over on GHW2.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Hello Michael,
    I think Nicola has explained it quite well over on GHW2.
    Ralph.
    Hi Ralph, I don't know or use that. Could you elaborate please? Stewy

I have a vet tunic removed bring back of one of these.
    If I get a chance later I'll post pictures.
    This one has a lot in common with mine but there is very slight differences.
    Mine has for example those little straight die flaw lines along the bottom of the 2 and 4. same as the one posted.
    yet even though mine is a bit rusty the inside logs against the wreath are much clearer.
    also I am sure these had a die flaw on top of the 2 on perhaps later ones as the die wore. on mine it is barely visible but it is there.
    Its been a long time ago since I research these.
    Will let you decide when I post pictures.
    regards
    Rod

As I don't study shields, I will give full credit to Nicola M.
    From what he has stated over there, most missing log Demjansk shields show die flaws in the date. Some more, some less.
    The top of the "2" in the date shows a "scratch" in some, and some show the top part of the "9" is missing.
    Posting photos from GHW2 posted originally by Nicola M.
    Ralph.

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

MAP
    ?

Thanks Ralph. When I posted here (with the blessing of the OP at GHW) Nicola had not yet responded.

Good to here his response and confirms my observations/potential concerns are due to die flaws and wear to the die. I suspected this but not knowing these well I just wanted to get confirmation

Thanks for posting Nicola's analysis.

Michael

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast