Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Det Militaere Marsjmerke

Article about: Is anyone familiar with this medal? Was it associated with the Norway Volunteer Waffen SS?? Thanks so much for your assistance! Regards, Sam

Default Det Militaere Marsjmerke

Is anyone familiar with this medal? Was it associated with the Norway Volunteer Waffen SS?? Thanks so much for your assistance!

Regards,

Sam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Det Militaere Marsjmerke   Det Militaere Marsjmerke  

Det Militaere Marsjmerke  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Det Militaere Marsjmerke
    P
    Many

Default Re: Det Militaere Marsjmerke

Military Marching Proficiency Award for completing a 30km road-march with at least 11kg of equipment...this particular badge is the last version, as earlier examples had a blue enamel background. Although originally a pre-war Norwegian award instituted by King Haakon, it was authorized for wear on German uniforms...
    cheers, Glenn

Thank you Glenn! I have never seen one until now.

?

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    Military Marching Proficiency Award for completing a 30km road-march with at least 11kg of equipment...this particular badge is the last version, as earlier examples had a blue enamel background. Although originally a pre-war Norwegian award instituted by King Haakon, it was authorized for wear on German uniforms...
    cheers, Glenn
    I learnt something new today, thank you Glenn!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

I would not say it is just associated with the Norwegian SS Volunteers. The badge pictured was produced between 1936 and 1947. These were also produced in England during the war, I've seen a couple of pictures of Norwegian naval personnel wearing it on their uniforms.There was also a previous example which had colored enamel(1915-1936).

I'm including a picture of the earlier version(From my collection):
    Det Militaere Marsjmerke

Det Militaere Marsjmerke
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

?

Can anyone confirm what version this is please, and what differences are between the 1915-1936 version and the 1936-1947 version?
    thanks
    Paul
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Det Militaere Marsjmerke   Det Militaere Marsjmerke  

?

Quote by belly View Post
    Can anyone confirm what version this is please, and what differences are between the 1915-1936 version and the 1936-1947 version?
    thanks
    Paul
    If you read the first few posts in this thread you will see this is an early version. The later version didn't have the blue enamel background.

Regards, Rik

?

Thanks Rik, sorry I misread post #5, thinking when he says 'the badge pictured' he was referring to his pictures when he was obvioulsy referring to the pictures in post #1