Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Deumer Kriegsabzeichen für Minesuch - Sicherungsverbände in tombac.

Article about: A tombac Deumer badge was a new arrival in the Minesweeper fleet today. You can find these in zinc very easily but the tombac badges seem to be harder to find and so I was very pleased to ad

?

Default Deumer Kriegsabzeichen für Minesuch - Sicherungsverbände in tombac.

A tombac Deumer badge was a new arrival in the Minesweeper fleet today. You can find these in zinc very easily but the tombac badges seem to be harder to find and so I was very pleased to add this example. Not marked but undoubtedly from Deumer as they were the only maker to use the horizontal pin and top hook arrangement on the reverse.
    The badge is in great condition, the gold finish on the wreath is reasonably good, although worn down to the base metal in several places which contrasts well with the darkly coloured water spout. At first glance the reverse looks like it's been cleaned with sandpaper but the apparent striations were made before the hardware was added so I can only conclude that the marks were made at time of manufacture. A decent example of a worn badge.
    Enjoy the pics.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DEUMERMINESWEEPERTOMBACOB.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	245.0 KB 
ID:	147872   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DEUMERMINESWEEPERTOMBACREV.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	215.4 KB 
ID:	147876  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Default Re: Deumer Kriegsabzeichen für Minesuch - Sicherungsverbände in tombac.

A very nice addition to your collection Adrian. These are very striking badges and as you say the gold is in lovely condition.

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Very nice one Adrian, I haven't seen too much Deumer Minesweeper nowadays, and in very good condition, congrats!

?

Cheers for the comments Guys,
    Here's my zinc Deumer for comparison purposes.....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DEUMERMINESWEEPEROB.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	218.3 KB 
ID:	147896   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DEUMERMINESWEEPERREV.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	128.1 KB 
ID:	147897  

?

Very nice sweepers.. I need one for my KM collection.

?

Quote by Snni View Post
    Very nice sweepers.. I need one for my KM collection.
    Cheers Sonny. If you only get one, do yourself a favour and get a Rudolf Karneth badge in tombac. You can find them easily in very good condition and the sparkle of the fire gilting is really stunning when it catches the light.

?

Quote by AdrianC View Post
    Cheers Sonny. If you only get one, do yourself a favour and get a Rudolf Karneth badge in tombac. You can find them easily in very good condition and the sparkle of the fire gilting is really stunning when it catches the light.
    That is the one I need then! I will start looking.
    Thanks for the info!