Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Deutsche Adlerorden vierter Klasse (mit oder ohne Schwertern). Right or wrong ??

Article about: my ignorance shines through again ,help needed

Default Deutsche Adlerorden vierter Klasse (mit oder ohne Schwertern). Right or wrong ??

my ignorance shines through again ,help neededDeutsche Adlerorden vierter Klasse (mit oder ohne Schwertern). Right or wrong ??Deutsche Adlerorden vierter Klasse (mit oder ohne Schwertern). Right or wrong ??Deutsche Adlerorden vierter Klasse (mit oder ohne Schwertern). Right or wrong ??
    Last edited by Adrian; 07-24-2012 at 05:23 PM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Deutsche Adlerorden vierter Klasse (mit oder ohne Schwertern). Right or wrong ??
    P
    Many

Default Re: Deutsche Adlerorden vierter Klasse (mit oder ohne Schwertern). Right or wrong ??

Hi

Sorry but I my opinion it is fake.
    The detail is not what you would expect from such an award.

Compare it to the fake in the link. They look very similar.

German Eagle Order 4th Class no Swords - Page 2 - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

Thanks

Cameron

Default Re: Deutsche Adlerorden vierter Klasse (mit oder ohne Schwertern). Right or wrong ??

Hi

Does anyone have any more opinions on this?

Thanks

Cameron

As far as I can see, this medal is a twin for the one in the link-right down to the pupil-less eagle on the one arm. Definitely not looking good. The enamel work on this one is extremely crude and the eagle details look far too poor, for my liking. These badges are Expensive and until one is dead-on absolutely sure of it's genuine quality, I would pass on it.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

I have to admit not knowing a great deal about these except they are quite rare and will command a high price. As far as the example posted goes, in comparison to other known originals, the enamel in the central area is very poor and the dimensions don't equate.
    Does anyone know how many of these were awarded?
    I'm also not convinced the award document matches the award in terms of class of medal?

Where is it being sold and what's the asking price?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Hello there,

This is not an authentic piece. A closeup shot of the eagle's head will reveal this. Godet produced these, and their eagle's head has a very distinct appearance.

William Kramer