Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Deutsche Kreuz in Gold.

Article about: Thanks for the new pic's Kev. Whilst they still don't show what really needs to be seen in detail, (why is it so hard to take straight on shots?) the two flaws at the 11 o'clock position of

Thanks for the new pic's Kev.

Whilst they still don't show what really needs to be seen in detail, (why is it so hard to take straight on shots?) the two flaws at the 11 o'clock position of the rays and the in the gravure of the '9' on the date, plus the maker mark on the pins reverse, I think you can safely say that it is a genuine Zimmermann 'Heavy' DK. The new pics do though allay my fears regarding the 'saw cuts' seen on the reverse of the starburst plate on the original image, that was a distorted pic imo, and they appear to be fine on the new ones. The catch looks good, as does the tombak rays that make the main difference between this being a 'Heavy' cross compared to the cupal 'light' version. The rounded off end of the pin is a bit unusual, but in view of the cross as a whole, not a worry I believe.

Condition is also very good to excellent, I like it.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Default pin number on gold kreuz

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	587.1.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	69.8 KB 
ID:	567257

I personally like this one, but additional images would help.

William Kramer
    Us and them - and after all were only ordinary men. Me, and you - God only knows its not what we would choose to do. Forward he cried from the rear, and the front rank died, and the general sat and the lines on the map moved from side to side.

- US & THEM, THE DARK SIDE OF THE MOON - PINK FLOYD

This is lovely, your photos are OK. One of the best designs of awards ever. Was this designed personally by AH?

Hey guys, where are medals made today of this quality ? The Earthgardens need a maker of their team badges and leaders pins that can produce the same hefty quality. (see pins on riverprincess.tripod.com/index-15.html)

Unfortunately, falconer....to produce a badge of this quality would be extremely cost prohibitive. I would imagine that it Could be done, but the costs would be astronomical.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12