Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Deutsche Kreuz in gold real or fake?

Article about: Hello i have this german cross in my family for at least 20 years,when i got it out recently it was so dirty,i mean real dirt that i had to clean it with sope,but i am afraid it changed the

mikechernyak
    ?

Default Deutsche Kreuz in gold real or fake?

Hello i have this german cross in my family for at least 20 years,when i got it out recently it was so dirty,i mean real dirt that i had to clean it with sope,but i am afraid it changed the colour a little bit,but most of the patina remains.The cross suffered a fall at one point since the swastika is chipped in the middle and the wreath got displaced a little bit,hower the enamel is solid and deep so its not to bad.It has no maker markers on it.I am supposing this is the original because of the quality and the age,but can someone tell me for sure please.Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Deutsche Kreuz in gold real or fake?   Deutsche Kreuz in gold real or fake?  

Deutsche Kreuz in gold real or fake?   Deutsche Kreuz in gold real or fake?  

Deutsche Kreuz in gold real or fake?   Deutsche Kreuz in gold real or fake?  

Last edited by Adrian; 03-28-2011 at 10:40 AM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS

Default Re: German cross in gold real or fake

Better pics would be needed really. Close ups of the hardware & straight on pics of the obverse & reverse.
    Welcome to the forum,by the way. Stewy S

mikechernyak
    ?

Thanks,ill try to get a good camera today,so i will update,but what is the first impession?

Looks like there's a number stamped on the underside of the pin. Stewy S

mikechernyak
    ?

I still didnt find a good camera but this is already better.The pin has no visible marking except what might be a scratch or a long 1 on top side.The pin is slightly worn on top and bottom,and what you thaught was a serial is tarnish.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Deutsche Kreuz in gold real or fake?   Deutsche Kreuz in gold real or fake?  

Is it me or is the gold wreath off centre? Stewy S

mikechernyak
    ?

yes it is slightly off center but i think it resulted from a fall because swastika has enamel chipped in the center and the wreath is a little bent across from 1941,barely visible

mikechernyak
    ?

more photos

I think it could be a Zimmermann fake. It's Zimmermann style but has the wrong hardware. Stewy S

Old thread, sorry for bumping.

This appears to be a S&L cross. As far as i know, no one knows when they was made.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast