Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Deutsche Kreuz in gold for Review

Article about: Picked this up from a US Vets estate sale. I am 99.9% it is good but I thought I would post it for other opinions. Thank you, Devin

Default Deutsche Kreuz in gold for Review

Picked this up from a US Vets estate sale. I am 99.9% sure it is good but I thought I would post it for other opinions.

Thank you,
    Devin
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Deutsche Kreuz in gold for Review   Deutsche Kreuz in gold for Review  

Deutsche Kreuz in gold for Review   Deutsche Kreuz in gold for Review  

Deutsche Kreuz in gold for Review   Deutsche Kreuz in gold for Review  

Last edited by rbminis; 06-30-2015 at 05:32 AM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Deutsche Kreuz in gold for Review
    P
    Many

Nice looking example by Klein, the rivets have been 'tightened' at some point in the past probably due to the cross rattling a little. Other than that everything that can be seen in these pic's is textbook.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Now That was one heck of an Estate sale! And in a case, no less! Ned is the eye to go to on crosses, so if He's happy-then You should be! What a great find! Was the price reasonable?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Now That was one heck of an Estate sale! And in a case, no less! Ned is the eye to go to on crosses, so if He's happy-then You should be! What a great find! Was the price reasonable?
    William, Thank you I am pleased with it. I am not sure what reasonable is, because I dont know the value. I paid less then $100.00 USD for it.

Devin

Quote by big ned View Post
    Nice looking example by Klein, the rivets have been 'tightened' at some point in the past probably due to the cross rattling a little. Other than that everything that can be seen in these pic's is textbook.

Regards, Ned.
    Ned, Thank you for the help. This is the first German Cross that I have ever owned so it is good that I took the chance and purchased it.

Devin

Beautiful DK bought at 1960's pricing. Congratulations.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

WOW Great pick up at an AWESOME PRICE!!!!!!
    Congrats on that one!!!!!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

A Cased Gold Cross at less than a hundred....I'd say that miracles still Do happen! Very nicely done! Such a cross in the same excellent condition as yours in could not be found for less than $2000 and more likely $3000. Did you pick up anything else at the sale?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

The case alone is a grand...... Fortune favours the brave!
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

what a great find and buy.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast