MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Deutsche Kreuz im Silber and a 1936 Olympic medal i am being offered...opinions?

Article about: Sorry, I would pass on the DK as well. Definitely not up to genuine quality and the rivits are not right. William

?

Default Deutsche Kreuz im Silber and a 1936 Olympic medal i am being offered...opinions?

Here are a pair of items i am being offered, German cross in silver( or so it looks silver), and a 36 olympic medal. I am trying to get more pics as we speak of the reverse and better details, but first impressions?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Deutsche Kreuz im Silber and a 1936 Olympic medal i am being offered...opinions?   Deutsche Kreuz im Silber and a 1936 Olympic medal i am being offered...opinions?  

Last edited by Adrian; 11-08-2011 at 10:35 PM. Reason: Photo rotated and title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Deutsche Kreuz im Silber and a 1936 Olympic medal i am being offered...opinions?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: German cross in silver and a 1936 Olympic medal i am being offered...opinions?

First impressions are - we need the other pics, we need to see the reverse of the DKiS especially.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Default Re: German cross in silver and a 1936 Olympic medal i am being offered...opinions?

Adrian, here is the reverse of the German cross in silver. Looks good to me!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Deutsche Kreuz im Silber and a 1936 Olympic medal i am being offered...opinions?   Deutsche Kreuz im Silber and a 1936 Olympic medal i am being offered...opinions?  

Not for me.

Does not look like any original Juncker 5 rivet design.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Nor for me , some rough finish to this cross !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Not for me.

Does not look like any original Juncker 5 rivet design.

Cheers, Ade.
    Ditto. The reverse is way off. Stewy

?

Ok, thanks guys !!! I still much to learn !!!!! Still waiting on more pics of the Olympic medal, first impressions? I do not like the the difference in the sizes of the 1936

The date is not a problem. More pics needed.

Compare to some originals shown on the forum.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

So are saying for sure that the German cross is a fake? The guy is willing to send b to me for a physical inspection......

?

Quote by Newbie View Post
    So are saying for sure that the German cross is a fake? The guy is willing to send b to me for a physical inspection......
    The guys are quite right, I would not be happy with this cross being original. It was made to deceive and it is a very good copy. It's very easy to see how a collector could be taken in by it, it is good but not exactly right.
    As Ade has mentioned, the rivets are not what you would expect on an original Juncker. The hinge, pin and catch are close but not close enough.
    Looking at the front, the ribbon at the bottom of the wreath doesn't match an original, the spacings are wrong. If you open the photo up to it's full size the very poor finish to the swastika is apparent. The varying thickness on the silver border is visible against the black enamel as are the rough file marks. This poor quality would never be passed on such a prestigious TR award.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast