MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Deutscher Adlerorden mit Stern und Schwerten.

Article about: by Glenn66 Some days it is very like the WAF here... Heaven forbid. Let us always remember: Without eternal vigilance, it can happen here!

Default Re: Deutscher Adlerorden mit Stern und Schwerten.

Not to mention the 6 o'clock arm of the cross in image #1, the right hand leg of the cross is not symmetrical with the left hand leg.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Deutscher Adlerorden mit Stern und Schwerten.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Deutscher Adlerorden mit Stern und Schwerten.

Yes Glenn and a few more to boot,not a great copy but easy to trip up the starter.
    I got this with another award.When i showed the guy it was a copy he sent it to for free.not before throwing it at something first.He wasent a happy bunney hence the dammage.
    Nice to find a few as a show case though.
    Regards Pete

Hello to everyone, I have just registered to this forum. I have a question regarding the document that was given with the "Verdienstkreuz des Deutschen Adlerordens mit dem Stern Order vom deutschen adler mit dem stern". I have read on some sites that the signature of Hitler, on the document, is not authentic, and on some sites it says that it is. I have this document with the, but I don't know if the signature is authentic. So if you could help me. Thank you.

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

A good close up pic would be a great help.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hello again. Here are some pictures of the Certificate and the Verdienstkreuz des Deutschen Adlerordens mit dem Stern Order vom deutschen adler mit dem stern. I know what it is and who received this kind of order. My great grandfather was awarded this order, but I don't know if Hitlers signature on this document is authentic.
    Thanks for your help.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Deutscher Adlerorden mit Stern und Schwerten.   Deutscher Adlerorden mit Stern und Schwerten.  

Deutscher Adlerorden mit Stern und Schwerten.   Deutscher Adlerorden mit Stern und Schwerten.  

Deutscher Adlerorden mit Stern und Schwerten.  

Wonderfull items! Thanks for sharing them.

The signature is correct for the document. It is not hand signed though. It is a printed facsimile. You can tell this as the blue ink is the same shade throughout: on a hand signed item where the strokes of the letters cross over or stop to change direction, you will see lighter and darker tones.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thank you Ade
    I thought so too but I wasn't sure. The signature in the lower right has also the same shade so i thought maybe Hitlers was authentic. Can you tell me was it normal for Hitlers signature to be printed on the Certificates of this Order?

Best wishes.

Quite normal.

Cheers, Ade.

I am really sorry to bother about this so much, but I am really interested. I have been looking and comparing the printed signature of Hitler from other documents and I saw that all the signatures are different. How come?
    When I write my signature with a "modern" pen it has the same shades. I suppose at that time they used fountain pens to sign documents. I do have a couple of fountain pens, but they don't have a high quality ink and they are not the best pens so I can't say if the fountain pens can produce the same shades.
    Here is another picture with both signatures. I noticed that there are two dots on the seal, like ink drops, and they are the same colour as Hitlers signature.
    Thank you.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Deutscher Adlerorden mit Stern und Schwerten.  

You are correct. A fountain pen would have been used during the period.

Cheers, Ade.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast