Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Deutscher Adlerorden mit Stern und Schwerten.

Article about: by Glenn66 Some days it is very like the WAF here... Heaven forbid. Let us always remember: Without eternal vigilance, it can happen here!

Default Deutscher Adlerorden mit Stern und Schwerten.

hi there guys wasent sure where to post this.I have gained a few of these beauties over the years.Just love the art decko of the time.
    These pieces just scream the era to you .This one being after revised orders in 1943
    Hope you like.
    Regards Pete
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Deutscher Adlerorden mit Stern und Schwerten.   Deutscher Adlerorden mit Stern und Schwerten.  

Deutscher Adlerorden mit Stern und Schwerten.   Deutscher Adlerorden mit Stern und Schwerten.  

Deutscher Adlerorden mit Stern und Schwerten.   Deutscher Adlerorden mit Stern und Schwerten.  

Deutscher Adlerorden mit Stern und Schwerten.  
    Last edited by Adrian; 07-22-2013 at 08:12 AM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Deutscher Adlerorden mit Stern und Schwerten.
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Deutscher Adlerorden mit Stern und Schwerten.

It's an incredibly impressive award. I've never seen one before so genuinely can't and won't comment on authenticity because I have no idea.

Made by Godet in 800 silver obviously, perhaps others who know their Godet DKs can comment on whether the sum of the parts adds up to this maker? Rivets, hinge, catch, pin etc etc.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

I'm with Adrian. I have absolutely no clue when it comes to this award, but man does it look impressive!

Thanks guys ,but it is up for show not to weather its real
    Its 100% original These to date are only made by Godet 21 you will never see their varient numbers on such high end pieces.The silver markings are 900 and only 900 .If one is found with 925 800 walk away.
    The block hinge and catch are just so clasic of Godet.
    I love these and i have now got 12 of these in diffrent grades 1 being a fantastic fake.
    I just love these pieces .Some people dont like them to much as they are mostley non german awards.Still this one went to a combatant hence the crossed swords.
    Art deko for me .Thanks for the view

?

Quote by petesav View Post
    Thanks guys ,but it is up for show not to weather its real
    That may be the case Pete but as a discussion forum it is part of the fun to discuss our pieces. My question was posed to promote a debate on the piece and encourage talk on the manufacturer and whether or not this piece differs significantly from other awards from Godet and the various finer points. If it's original it will stand up to scrutiny and discussion.

It's nice to have a 'show piece' posted, especially if it's a rare and uncommonly seen decoration. We can't all just sit there and post 'Wow, nice piece' type replies as we will never learn anything from it. Most of us, including me have never seen one of these before in detail so therefore you will have to expect questions and debate.

Perhaps you can tell us exactly why this one is an original and how it differs from the fake you have?

If I'm to offer anything for the sake of being educated, I will question the enamel around the swastikas. On most, if not all TR awards, I would expect the enamel to be flush with the surrounding or surrounded metal, in this case the wreath and the swastika respectively. TR enamel work is always of high standard and fills the void in which it is placed. In this case it has sunken back and dipped.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

First time i've seen one too, anyone know the history on these awards? Numbers awarded and conditions for award etc?

Opps sorry ime bad.
    There are very few fakes of this high end of award even though the command a price around 3500 euro .They are less sort after as they are mostley non German awards.
    As the Godet lovers here ime sure will point out the gear to the rear is typical of them.
    the award as i posted is as to date only made by Godet.
    Now there is a fake of this on a dealers site i will try to find it.
    Looking back at this now i wish i had done the work on a recent purchase as i have done on these.Might have saved us all a lot of headaces.
    the fake i have is of a Breast cross 2nd class early orders.I have an original as well so we can explor the diffrences.Thanks for the time i will get on it this is something i do have a clue with .
    Best regards Pete

dueley notd on the enamel on the swastickersAdrian ,i have looked in my files at the other ones and they all carry the slightley sunk enamel around the swas and wreath.
    Will post some later must go have a lovley day with the tax man.Regards Pete

hi here it it is .
    This is the copy at Helmut Weitze.Here is the link it will get you better pictures that you can zoom onto using the viewer there.
    https://www.weitze.net/detail/29/Deu..._124529_e.html

Ok you first the rear.Look at the diffrent hinge and pin.Horrible the catch is not pretty either .
    The rivet looks like a male hill its huge .If you look to the bottom of the star the star rays are all diffrent lengths and shape.The silver content is also 800 and also has silber written to it.
    front swastickers are all un-square and the eagle seems be be getting its nuts squeesed due to the size of its eyes ,they are poping out of its head.
    Ok when this is viewed a little i will post a 100% original of this same order.
    PS Weitze wants 3500 euro for this fishing weight.

Interesting...

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast