Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Deutscher Orden

Article about: I just need to know the name of this medal. Am sure it is real because it was purchased from the WWII vet who bought it in Germany near the place they were made. They came in a display case.

Default Re: Deutscher Orden

Just checked my older copy of Detlev's price guide which dates from 2004. The value quoted there is $15,000.

He also illustrates an example. However, the pin is different to the one you show.

Cheers, Ade.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Hi Adrian

The group that I showed earlyer with all three versions of the Deutscher order and a number of Goldenes Parteiabzeichen der NSDAP sold was 500$...

Nick VR

Another one of those prices of yesteryear which makes hindsight a great thing But like many of these prices, $500 was most likely a lot of money then. (Still is to me! )

Cheers, Ade.

The boxed set of the German Order was sold to a militaria dealer in Chicago in 1961 along with a treasure trove of other medals including a Grand Cross and a silver July 20, 1944 wound badge. If the set sold for $500, that was in 1961 as it was sold to a local orders and medals collector, Gene Pabich. He sold the set in the late 60's to a European collector. The set today resides in a very famous American collection. I was in the shop the Saturday the vet brought in his large cardboard box full of medals. I believe the shop owner paid him $500 for the contents wihich included numerous cased Ritterkreuz and two DK with billiants, also cased.
    As to the cross posted on this thead, I believe it lacks the quality of the original pieces I saw and as Ade stated, the pin is incorrect. The vet affadavit is likely as bogus as the medals.

I agree with Bob ...if you could post a close up picture (crisp , in focus) of the center disk ..that would give us a quick answer without comparing other details . Fuess did not make 2 styles of those disks (1 for GPB's and another for this Order) , so that center disk should match all other period Fuess Disks.

Give me a couple of days to get the pictures.

Smile Re: Deutscher Orden

I think one was sold last year for 6.000euro by Detlev Niemann, but i am not 100% shure.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12