Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Deutsches Kreuz in Gold "20" Zimmermann, light edition

Article about: Well gents thank you all for your reply's Terry i have an appointment with the seller at 4 p.m. today, but i will not cheer before its in the pocket.....have had appointments with sellers wh

Default Re: Deutsches Kreuz in Gold "20" Zimmermann, light edition

Quote by Tango View Post
    Hello guys I was revisiting this thread & was wondering what the (light edition) meant??? thanks for your time Terry.
    Hi Terry, a good question

The heavy versions are early war and are made with a tombak backplate instead of the lighter, cupal type used later in the war.

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Deutsches Kreuz in Gold "20" Zimmermann, light edition
    P
    Many

?

Quote by Tango View Post
    Hello guys I was revisiting this thread & was wondering what the (light edition) meant??? thanks for your time Terry.
    Hi Terry its all about weight, the light version weight is about 2/3 of the heavy version

Cheers,
    Ger

The chap's are correct Terry, the difference is just over 10g; give or take.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Cool thanks for the answers gents,I was just wondering!!.. learn something new everyday!!!.T!hanks for taking time out to answer.Cheers Terry

Hello again,

The easiest way to tell if you have a lightweight or heavy Zimmerman (besides the weight) is to look at the badge and see if there is a catch-plate used to mount the reverse catch to the actual badge itself. Heavy versions do not require a catch-plate as they were produced in a higher-quality metal. The later produced Zimmerman's, which are referred to as "leight-weight" examples have a catch plate between the badge and the actual reverse catch. That is how one can tell which version is on the screen in front of them (as obviously you can't weigh somebody's badge)

Hope this helps.

William Kramer

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3